Academic Affairs Registrar Job, University Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Leadership, Plan, Organize and Manage all of the activities related to Admissions, Enrolment records and Registration of students, including serving as the official authorized keeper of University Students Records.
Any applicant for the position of Registrar (Academic Affairs) should:
- Have an earned PhD degree in social sciences or any other academic discipline from a recognized institution.
- Must have at least five (5) years relevant work experience in administrative work at the level of Deputy Registrar at Grade 14N or comparable position.
- Registered with recognized professional body (where applicable).
- Must provide evidence/documentation supporting knowledge of Management
- Information Systems and Communication Technologies.
- Certified Secretary of Kenya (CS (K) or any other relevant professional qualification be an added advantage.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- The applicant should possess the following core competencies and skills:
- Have excellent Organizational, Interpersonal and Communication and Customer Care
- Have Analytical, Leadership and Public Relations skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Integrity, Confidentiality and Transparency Management.
- Have strong Report Writing skills, Negotiation skills and Time Management.
- Competent in Management Information Systems and Communication Technologies.
- Report to the DVC-ARE and will be responsible for all Academic Affairs matters of the University.
- Supervision, Coaching and Mentoring of staff in Academic Registry Department.
- Provide secretariat services to standing committees of the Council and University Senate Board.
- Custodian of records in the Department.
- Patron of the Students Alumni Association.
- Ensure effective coordination and implementation of University academic affairs.
- Formulate and implement the strategic plan for the division.
- Ensure effective administrative systems in line with University best practices.
- Formulate, Plan and control the budget for the Department
- Overall control of the Student Management Information System.
- Provide secretariat services in the University Senate and Committees.
- Oversee the Student Disciplinary process and provide secretariat services.
- Circulate Senate Resolutions.
- Clear students to vie for student elections.
- Oversee the Alumni relations and activities.
- Spearhead and supervise the admission and examination process.
- Facilitate the issuance of student certificates and transcripts.
- Provide secretariat to student orientation and graduation.
- Coordinate marketing of academic programmes.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the University
- Authority from time to time.
TENURE OF OFFICE
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of five (5) years with the possibility of a further and final term of five (5) years subject to performance and a positive appraisal by the University Council.
How to Apply
Application should include an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing details of age, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, current designation and salary, email address, telephone, name and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, a copy of National Identification Card, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
- Candidates with foreign Academic Qualifications MUST submit a Certificate of Recognition from the Commission for University Education (CUE).
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert shall not be considered.
- Only successful candidates shall be required to provide valid clearance certificates from the following Bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau.
Interested applicants should send six (6) copies of their application for the above positions.
Applicants containing false information shall be disqualified.
Application and recommendation letters from referees should be addressed to;
- Vice Chancellor
- Technical University of Mombasa
- P.O Box 90820-80100
The deadline for submitting application is 7th June, 2022. Applications received later than this date will not be considered. Please quote the reference number in your application.
Technical University of Mombasa is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons living with Disability are encouraged to apply.
The University does not ask for any fees from the applicants.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.