Technical Team Leader Jobs, Technical Jobs In Kenya, Schneider Electric Kenya Jobs
Technical Team Leader-Data Centre; UPS; Cooling
Industry: A Multinational company in Energy & Automation
Schneider Electric East Africa is looking for a highly motivated technical professional with rich experience to join our Secure Power & Cooling Services Business as the Technical Leader for Nairobi location. This position will report to the Field Services Operation Manager. This position requires to be a people manager along the business and set up a strong team for the business. The candidate must be comfortable in Services Business related to Secure Power equipment (UPS) and Colling (PAC) like Modernization / Up-Gradation / Recurring Services / Spare parts and various Digital services within various market segments.
Range of Services include:
- Power equipment as uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), Automatic voltage regulators, Transient voltage surge suppressors, rectifiers, inverter/chargers and related electrical cabling and switch gear
- Precision cooling– in rack, in room and in row and cold/hot aisle containment.
- Racks, power distribution units
- Data Centre infrastructure Management and remote monitoring services
- Coordinating and managing the Technical department which includes workshop repairs, site surveys installations and commissioning of server rooms and data centers, site repairs and preventive maintenance services.
- Support serviceable Schneider equipment including but not limited to: electrical switchgear, HVAC/CRAC systems, UPS systems, PDUs, RPPs, BMS systems, PLCs, HMIs, Drives, security, access control, CCTV and fire alarm and suppression systems…
- Preparation of section budgets, tools and equipment management, spares sourcing and stores quantity levels tracking for restocking.
- Scheduling and supervision of services in power protection, cooling and data center/ server rooms including site surveys, Installation and commissioning, repairs and preventive maintenance services to a wide range of clients in different sector
- Training and appraisal of staff, planning and coordinating for specific product training at the manufacturer centers for extensive knowledge acquisition and licensing.
- Investigate remotely the origin of the breakdown and submit fixes (in a service bureau for example)
- Provide team leadership for team of Field service engineers
- Plan training for field service representatives and ensure completion of assigned internal trainings.
- Do continuous performance reviews with team and annual performance review submissions.
- Provide technical and career mentorship to team reporting to you.
- Represent the services department in meetings and cross functional initiatives as a delegate or deputy of field services operations manager
- Approve timesheets, absence, and requests of N-1 reports in consultation with Fields services operations manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Engineering or related fields
- At least has 5-10 years’ experience in Technical Services lead role with experience in data center infrastructure services, UPS, Cooling
- Relevant experience with critical systems infrastructure equipment is a Must have (i.e. electrical switchgear, diesel generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers,
- Knowledge of Secure Power (data centre, UPS & Cooling) and associated technical information related to Industry Business products and solutions.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Verifiable hands-on technical work experience required
- High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory. Knowledge of HVAC systems and applicable application software knowledge is preferred.
How to Apply
Apply here for the job
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.