Technical Manager Job, Current Engineering Jobs,
To oversee the company technical operations for water and waste water, ensure that the technical assets of the Company are acquired, maintained and operated according to standard specifications stipulated by the Service Agreement between Lake Victoria North Water Works Development Agency and BUWASSCO Board.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the technical division to ensure provision of highquality services to customers
- Steer the development of departmental policies, procedures and actions plans in line with company mission and objectives
- Ensure that technical audits are carried out on time and remedial action taken
- Oversee preparation of comprehensive departmental reports and budgets, to Managing Director to facilitate decision-making
- Ensure development of departmental staff through training and motivation
- Ensure that all water and sewerage services infrastructure is operated and maintained to the required standards.
- Advise the Company on the acquisition of capital assets and on all technical matters
- Provide technical expertise and advise in the acquisition of contractors and consultants for major works
- Provide overall supervision of major works
- Participate in setting performance targets for technical staff in the Company
- Oversee the planning and co-ordination of quality, maintenance and engineering (capacity works) related issues
- Ensure good quality of water to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, water or related engineering
- Eligible for registration as an Engineer
- A member of a professional Engineering Body
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (preferably in the water sector) with at least 3 years at senior managerial level
- Prior experience in managing a functional level in a large organization/busy environment.
How To Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for and addressed to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
BUSIA WATER AND SEWERAGE SERVICES COMPANY LTD
P.O. Box 392 – 50400.
Candidates are additionally advised to send their application in soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org Cc email@example.com
- Candidates must attach a clear copy of National Identity card
- Candidates Must obtain and present clearance certificate from HELB, DCI KRA, CRB and EACC
The application with certified copies of academic and professional certificates, curriculum vitae and other testimonials should reach the company offices located at the Department of Water, Irrigation, Environment and Natural Resources Yard, BUSIA, BUWASSCO office Building on or before 31st December 2020 by 4:30pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing is prohibited and will lead to automatic disqualification.