Technical Manager Jobs, Technical Jobs, Civil Engineering Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Gusii Water and Sanitation Company Jobs
Three Years Contract
Directs Reports: Planning and GIS Manager, Area Managers, Maintenance staff
Reports To: The Managing Director
The Technical Manager is responsible for the Technical and/or Engineering function of the Company to ensure the core business is run in a professional way, attain highest standards of operational efficiency and adherence to best practice and other Engineering standards.
- Ensuring compliance with established standards for planning, design, construction, and operation and maintenance of water and waste water services facilities.
- Ensuring achievement of key performance indicators in line with the water sector benchmarks on water coverage, sewerage coverage, water quality, metering ratio, Non-Revenue water, collection efficiency and Operation and Maintenance Costs among others
- Implementing technical standards of the water service provider/company.
- Evaluating performance of the company on all the specified key performance indicators to ensure continuous improvement.
- Responsible for water conservation and demand management for the water utility.
- Ensuring that all materials, parts, chemicals and others used in operations meets required safety and quality standards so as not to compromise staff, customer or public health and safety.
- Responsible for ensuring all technical operations and projects are carried out in accordance with approved budgets
- Responsible for ensuring preservation of water catchment areas.
- Responsible for development of framework for development, management and maintenance of a water distribution system, sewer system in the company’ area of operation. Managing all water produced and fed into the system to minimize wastage and losses and ensure as much of all the water produced and fed into the distribution system is accounted for.
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff. Mentor and coach departmental staff.
- Develop departmental budget and work plan.
- Identify procurement needs of the department.
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation.
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Company.
- Makes strategic, operational and technical decisions for the department. xvi. Plans the work of subordinates, assigns work to subordinates, monitors subordinates work performance. Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance.
- Work closely with other departments/sections in all areas.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Water/Waste Water Engineering or relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Registered Engineer with the relevant professional body and member in good standing.
- At least 7 years’ experience with a minimum of 3 years in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 9th May, 2019 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to:
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited.
P.O. Box 3380 -40200,
Email: [email protected]
GWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.