Technical Director Finance & Admin Job at KANCO
KANCO is regional membership network of organizations including: Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya. It is also accredited as a Linking Organization with the International HIV & AIDS Alliance. Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS and TB at the community level.
Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region.
KANCO is recruiting Technical Director Finance and Administration- Nairobi who will report to the Deputy Executive Director.He/she will be responsible of overseeing all financial and administrative aspects of KANCO including managing financial systems, generating financial reports, monitoring project expenses, administering sub-awards, assuring grant management compliance, facilitating audits and managing finance issues.
He/she will expect to report to work 1st of July 2017.
Responsibilities for the Technical Director Finance & Admin Job
- Providing guidance to the executive director regarding the organizational financial planning, budgeting ,cash flow and policy matters
- Preparing KANCO project and annual budgets and work plan, track expenses, ensure that required financial controls and cost-performance monitoring mechanisms are in place and adhered to, and ensure proper safeguards of funds.
- Ensuring compliance with established KANCO financial, accounting and administrative procedures and in accordance to the international standards.
- Reviewing and submitting of financial accurate reports to the donors within the set timelines and in accordance with international reporting standards.
- Implementing and overseeing a detailed financial reporting and reimbursement process in accordance with KANCO established financial system
- Overseeing of all sub-grants to KANCO partners and ensuring sub-awardees’ compliance and reporting.
- Overseeing the maintenance and administration of KANCO financial accounting systems
- Directing and overseeing the KANCO annual auditing process.
- Providing financial capacity-building for local and regional partners
- Managing finance and administration team, including providing oversight to processing and recording of checks and disbursements, verification of accuracy of invoices and supporting documents, distribution/reconciliation of financial advances.
Qualifications for the Technical Director Finance & Admin Job
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or relevant field Accountancy qualification CPA (K)
- A higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in with international NGO.
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, including automated financial systems, as well as results-oriented grants management, including financial planning, monitoring of grant compliance and management and establishment of internal controls.
- Experience with donor accountability, strong computerized accounting and financial skills, extensive experience and knowledge of financial management and reporting processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting and Auditing Principles and laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of local labor laws.
- Ability to plan, organizes, implement, evaluate and modify financial programs, informational support systems and processes.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and result‐oriented skills.
- Ability to travel national and internationally
- High standards of integrity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English .knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV, stating the current and expected salary before 31st May 2017 to [email protected]. The email subject should read Technical Director Finance and Administration
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.