Technical Advisor Job, Medical Jobs In Kenya October, Public Health Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Job Title: Technical Advisor – IPC
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract, renewable
ICAP at Columbia University (ICAP) is hiring a Technical Advisor to help lead infection prevention and control (IPC) activities in Kenya. Reporting to the Regional Director, the Technical Advisor will provide technical assistance to hospital-based IPC Focal Points and facilitate in-country IPC and quality improvement (QI) activities.
The Technical Advisor will work closely with ICAP country and headquarters staff, national and county Ministries of Health, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and other key stakeholders to coordinate and manage development, implementation, and monitoring IPC activities. S/he will be the primary point of contact for participating IPC Focal Points, and will be responsible for coordinating project activities, providing remote and in-person training and supportive supervision, and fostering exchange of information and best practices within Kenya and between countries in a Community of Practice network. S/he will work with the Regional Director to ensure that the program activities are completed on time, within budget and in line with project objectives.
The position is grant funded.
- Provide technical leadership and IPC capacity
- Oversee and ensure effective implementation and coordination of needs assessments, virtual and in-person training and capacity building activities, quality improvement (QI) activities and exchange of knowledge and best
- Ensure effective coordination and communication with ICAP country office, project partners and other stakeholders
- Provide day-to-day oversight of project activities, monitor and document progress toward achievement of project goals and objectives, coordinate annual work planning processes, and contribute to project planning meetings with the
- Coordinate closely with ICAP staff in-country to ensure appropriate, high-quality and timely technical assistance for participating hospitals and IPC Focal
- Organize, facilitate and document monthly regional IPC webinar series and weekly case- based online learning
- Coordinate, moderate and document a WhatsApp group for the community of practice
- Support the planning and coordination of in-person workshops and south-to-south learning exchange visits
- In partnership with ICAP’s Strategic Information unit, drive continuous use of data to track program quality, outputs and outcomes
- Synthesize successful results, prepare, and disseminate reports and guidance on IPC best practices and approaches for wider replication and use
- Ensure that all donor reports, and project write ups, including but not limited to success stories and program briefs are data driven and articulate a compelling
- Attend to other duties as assigned
- An advanced degree in (MD, MS, MPH) in Epidemiology, Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, or related field is
- Experience with infection prevention and control (IPC) programs/initiatives is
- A minimum of 2 years’ clinical experience in a hospital setting or relevant project implementation in a public health setting is
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Proficiency with online training, distance education, and case-based teaching is strongly preferred
- Strong communication, diplomatic, and facilitation skills, including the ability to coordinate stakeholders is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required
- Experience managing US government funded projects would be a plus
- Expertise in formal quality improvement would be a plus
How to Apply
Apply for Technical Advisor Job here
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.