Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
General Summary and Background:
The purpose of the Kenya Supply Chain Systems Strengthening Activity under the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project is to address the supply chain and health commodity systems strengthening needs of the family health, malaria and HIV∕ AIDS programs within Kenya. This will be directed through technical assistance (TA) at both national and county level. The task order will support the Ministry of Health (MOH) Department of Family Health (DFH), National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), and the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide technical assistance and logistical support for supervision of HIV/AIDS commodity distribution, liaising closely with the MOH to ensure commodity availability in Kenya.
· Coordinate and provide technical support to MOH in national forecasting and quantification of HIV/AIDS commodities to prepare supply plans to donors.
· Provide oversight in the management of commodity pipelines.
· Contribute to the quantification and forecasting of malaria commodities; development of supply plans, and the ongoing monitoring of the supply plans and pipelines.
· Assist the MOH with drafting and submitting commodity procurement requests for USAID-funded commodities and in monthly commodity distribution planning to ensure health facilities have sufficient stock to meet patient needs.
· Coordinate with MOH to implement technical assistance activities in support of strengthening coordination between provincial warehouses and the partners of multisectoral group involved in HIV prevention activities.
· Regularly report on stock status of commodities, as well as health facility performance in security related to contraceptive and family planning commodities and case management.
· Assist with End Use Verification (EUV) exercises, ensuring that MOH staff is cognizant of data collection methodologies.
· Provide technical assistance to MOH in conducting and measuring performance monitoring and supervision activities at the health facility level.
· Inform leadership of potential short-term technical assistance needs as required.
· Assist with preparing annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports, and other related communications.
· Provide and/or organize technical assistance and training for MOH staff across all levels in HIV/AIDS commodity management. TECH.FT.022, Rev.002, 09/23/2015
· Collaborate with other members of the technical team focused on systems strengthening and the eLMIS to have a harmonized approach to ensuring MOH staff are equipped with the skills required to address supply chain needs.
· Perform other duties as required and assigned.
· An advanced clinical degree or a Master’s Degree in Public Health
· 10 years professional experience in health programs, preferably in health care supply chain management
· Proven experience in managing public health programs or projects in Kenya or similar developing country context
· Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programs · Extensive knowledge of the Kenyan public health sector.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
· A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability and willingness to travel in the field
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya with intermittent local travel
The Technical Advisor – PEPFAR, will report to the Supply Chain Director
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter