Senior Technical Adviser Job, Current NGO Jobs In Kenya
Position: Senior Technical Adviser – Hiv Care & Treatment Sta/Lvct/10/2020
Reporting To: Project Director
Location: Nairobi With Frequent Travel Countrywide
LVCT Health has recently began implementing a CDC funded comprehensive TB/HIV prevention and treatment project in Kenya Prisons Services (KPS) across the country. The project involves delivery of TB/HIV prevention, testing, linkage and treatment services in KPS health facilities serving prisoners, KPS staff and host communities.
Reporting to the Project Director, the STA HIV Care and Treatment will contribute to the project goal by coordinating, and providing oversight for activities intended to ensure quality implementation and achievement of HIV care and treatment and TB targets across the all project sites
The Senior Technical Advisor HIV Care & Treatment will focus on: (1) Strengthening service delivery with the provision of high-quality technical assistance; (2) building the capacity of site staff for sustainability of HIV/AIDS interventions; and (3) improving the delivery of care and treatment services in line with the 90-90-90 strategy 4) Improving the quality and coverage of TB prevention and treatment services in line with the national TB strategy.
- With the Project Director and other technical staff to set direction and approaches for achieving care and treatment and TB targets
- Ensure care and treatment deliverables are achieved in all project sites: enrollment in care, initiation on ART, viral load testing and suppression, PMTCT, TB screening and diagnosis, successful TB treatment and TB prevention
- Keep abreast of latest developments in care and treatment and TB and ensure they are cascaded and implemented across the project
- Lead and direct technical capacity building activities among clinical staff for provision of evidence- based and quality HIV/AIDS care and treatment services. This includes provide onsite mentorship to clinicians in line with national
- Coordinate and conduct continuous medical education (CME) sessions for site staff on the latest updates in care and treatment
- Conduct file reviews in sites for quality improvement and capacity Support establishment of QI teams and Multi-disciplinary teams at the site level
- Lead review of difficult cases and decision making on second and third line clients working closely with the care manager
- Responsible for ensuring sites implement differentiated care models of care
- Encourage and nurture innovation and creativity among project staff to ensure achievement of program targets with high quality while meeting beneficiary needs
- Ensure all other care and treatment components including M&E, laboratory, community linkage, pharmacy, QI, trainings, are all linked and implemented according to the plan
- With the rest of the project team, develop a detailed program activity and implementation plan and ensure its implementation and review on a monthly basis
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual narrative progress reports and make presentations to donors, government or other
- Build capacity of site and KPS staff to make presentations
- Perform site visits and technical program reviews with technical site staff and KPS staff
- Ensure dissemination and distribution of care and treatment job aides, including guidelines, SOPs, and other related documents
- Participate in identifying program training needs from project staff and provide appropriate recommendations
- Participate in relevant internal and external meetings and ensure follow up and implementation of action plans
- HR management – line management for direct reports including assigning responsibilities, reviewing performance, conducting performance appraisals and providing mentorship and capacity building
- Financial management – ensure proper budgeting and liquidations by project teams to ensure proper utilization of project funds to achieve project objectives
- Document project activities in form of briefs, brochures, abstracts and build capacity of project and KPS staff on the
- MBChB with 3 years program implementation experience or Diploma in Clinical Medicine with at least 5 years’ experience
- A master’s degree (MMed or MPH) is an added advantage
- At least 5 years senior level HIV Care and Treatment and TB work experience in PEPFAR funded program.
- Demonstrated resilience and passion for provision of high quality care in varied settings
- Experience in supervision of clinical team and mentorship
- Current experience working in a PEPFAR-funded program will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Click here to apply
The closing date is October 30, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted .
LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization
LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.