Job Ref: LBDA/HR/CMTS/03/2019/01
Lake Basin Development Authority is a regional development authority established by an act of parliament cap 442 of the laws of Kenya and is mandated to spearhead development within the Lake Victoria basin and its catchment regions, with a view to fostering integrated sustainable economic development and empowering communities of the region.
In view of this and as part of fulfilling our mandate, the following positions on a three (3) year renewable contract terms are open for application from qualified candidates.
The position reports to the Managing Director in performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provision of strategic leadership to a professional team of staff in Engineering, Technical and water Services, Infrastructure, Irrigation and Green Energy Development as drivers and stimulators of enhanced development in LBDA’s area of jurisdiction.
- Oversee and support departmental managers to effectively deliver on their respective assignments
- Provision of technical direction for the development, design and systems integration for service engagement including contractual agreements from definition phase of projects or programs to implementation phases.
- Provision of technical assistance/ advisory support to the management in the areas of functions addressed by the division
- Implementation of the Authority’s technical projects and programs.
- Ensuring that all in the engineering related tasks are carried out effectively & efficiently in accordance with all the Authority rules and regulations and according to standards
- Ensuring clarity in definition, development and compliance with technical and contractual specifications in projects and programs of the Authority
- Delegation of technical responsibilities and ensuring timely progress reporting of projects and programs
- Provision of guidance in the management of technical resources within budgetary provisions and project or programs schedules.
- Ensuring delivery of consistent and high-quality services to customers and to the Authority and /or clients in all projects and programs
- Proposing and implementation of changes that will result in an improved tooling, fabrication, metal work and general engineering processes.
- Maintaining existing facilities and equipment, making replacements or repairs where necessary throughout the Authority.
- Performance management including realization of performance contract (PC) obligations and conducting periodic staff performance appraisals
- Participation in negotiations for donor/partnership projects funding and implementation
- Responsible for Internalization of Results Based Management and Performance culture within the Division.
- Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Rural engineering or other related fields from a recognized university or equivalents with demonstrable 10 year-experience and achievements
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in senior management position.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body.
- Ability to work in high-pressure, deadline driven environment
- Outstanding leaderships skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Exceptional communication and reporting skills
- Should demonstrate clear understanding of the role of Regional Development in line with vision 2030 and the constitution of Kenya 2010
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and photocopies of all testimonials stating current position, remuneration, contact telephone numbers, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees to reach us on or before 9th April 2019
Applicants must also submit clearance certificates from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and anti-corruption commission
- National Police Service
- Credit Reference Bureau
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective job reference number clearly marked to:
The Managing Director
Lake Basin Development Authority
P.O Box 1516-40100
Soft copies should be sent by email to [email protected]
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Lake Basin Development Authority is an equal opportunity employer
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.