Team Leader Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
Role Purpose Statement
To ensure and maintain a healthy, safe, Secure and working environment, in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirement of the customer airlines
- Maintain awareness and brief all staff with regards to occupational/operational safety and adhere to standard procedures. This should include third party contractor’s staff.
- Pre-plan for adequate manpower and equipment as per work load and their effective deployment.
- Ensure bags are sorted and handled according to the airline Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure serviceability of all equipment at the sorting area, prompt reporting/recording of faults and follow up to ensure continuous operations.
- Ensure accounting and reconciliation of all bags at the sorting area.
- Constantly monitor staff to prevent baggage theft or pilferage and report any deficiency.
- Trouble- shoots and liaises with BRS staff in case of problems with scanners or bags.
- Ensure that interline transfer bags are accounted for and transferred timely to ensure On Time Performance.
- Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, healthy and secure working environment in compliance with company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incident and accidents.
- Adhere to KQ WAY principals and best practices.
- High level of integrity.
- Committed to achieving and maintaining high quality standards.
- Passionate about offering quality service.
- Self driven.
- Process awareness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum O level/ C and Diploma in hospitality/service discipline with 3 years experience Ramp Services.
- Supervisory skills.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of IATA baggage related resolutions/recommendations, baggage tracing systems, BRS and Departure Control System.
- Valid and clean driving license, ADP.