Supply Chain Management Director Job, County Government Kenyan Jobs 2022,
- Overseeing implementation of procurement and asset disposal policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Providing technical advice to the County and other procurement entities on procurement matters;
- Advising procuring entities on the implementation of the Public Procurement and Asset
- Disposal Act and its attendant regulations and other statutes that impact on Supply Chain Management function;
- Overseeing implementation of the e-procurement system;
- Providing secretariat services to the tender opening and evaluation committees;
- Facilitating research, market surveys and benchmarking on best practices;
- Overseeing analysis of reports on implementation of procurement, inventory management and assets disposal processes and procedures;
- Preparing reports on implementation of the Preference and Reservation Scheme.
- Overseeing development and review of county specific draft policy on management of assets in line with laid down regulations;
- Overseeing implementation of development projects;
- Overseeing prequalification of suppliers, review of tenders, prequalification and evaluation of bids;
- Overseeing preparation of procurement plans;
- Providing secretariat services to the Tender Opening and Evaluation Committees;
- Providing guidance and support to target groups on the procurement process;
- Liaising with the user Departments, Disposal Committee and the Accounting Officer on disposal of unserviceable, obsolete, obsolescent or surplus stores, equipment and assets;
- Managing performance, building capacity of staff; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that shall be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Served in the grade of Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Supply Chain Management;
- Procurement and Logistics; Purchasing and Supplies; Procurement and Contract
- Management; Supply Chain Management and Logistics; Transport and Logistics;
- Commerce (Purchasing and Supplies option) from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce, Marketing, Economics,
- Business Management or Law with a Diploma in either Purchasing and Supplies
- Management or Procurement and Logistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Procurement and Supplies
- Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration,
- Commerce, Entrepreneurship or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certified Procurement and Supply Professional of Kenya (CPSP-K) or Advanced
- Diploma in Supplies Management Final Stage (FIS) or Chartered Institute of
- Purchasing and Supply (CIPS);
- Membership of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated high degree of professional competence, administrative capability in the general organization and management of the Supply Chain Management Function.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 10th June, 2022.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.