Internal Audit Director Job, County Government Kenyan Jobs 2022,
- The Director, Internal Audit will be responsible to the Governor for management and coordination of the Internal Audit Function at the County.
- Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Overseeing implementation of internal Audit policies, strategies, standards and procedures at the County;
- Ascertaining the County’s level of compliance with the relevant Internal Audit statutes and other government regulations and guidelines;
- Facilitating quality assurance and special audits;
- Providing technical advice on internal audit matters;
- Coordinating execution of investigation, forensic audit and other special assignments;
- Overseeing evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management mechanisms, controls and governance processes of the County and recommending improvements;
- Coordinating development and review of audit techniques, guidelines, systems and processes;
- Identifying and profiling various risks inherent in specific audit assignments;
- Overseeing preparation of reports on audit findings and making appropriate recommendations;
- Preparing detailed, understandable and cross referenced work papers to evidence work done and for future references, in compliance with standards for professional practice in internal audit;
- Executing audit activities to ensure reliability and integrity of information and effective use of the County resources and compliance with contracts, standards and policies;
- Overseeing monitoring and evaluation of implementation of internal audit recommendations;
- Coordinating preparation and presentation of reports on audit findings and recommendations to the Internal Audit Committee;
- Coordinating preparation of periodic internal audit reports;
- Coordinating designing and implementing of training programmes for internal audit staff and members of the audit committee;
- Overseeing preparation of strategic plans and budgets;
- Ensuring prudent utilization of resources;
- Building capacity and managing performance of the directorate; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that shall be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Served in the grade of Deputy Director, Internal Audit for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields:- Auditing and Consultancy, Business
- Administration, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Project Management, Strategic
- Management, Risk Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountants of Kenya CPA (K) its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Membership to any of the following recognized professional bodies: of either CIA, ICPAK, ACFE, ISACA or any other professional recognized body;
- Certificate in computer applications skills;
- Certificate in any of the following: Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP),
- Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial
- Services Auditor (CFSA) or Forensic Auditing from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated high degree of professional competence and administrative capability
- required for the effective planning and coordination of the Internal Audit Function; and
- understanding of national goals, policies and objectives and ability to relate them to the Internal Audit Function and aspirations of Vision 2030
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 10th June, 2022.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.