Climate Change Assistant Director Job, County Government Jobs Kenya 2021,
The County Government of Tana River pursuant to Section 59(1),(b) and 66 of the County Government Act 2012 as read together with article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
V/NO.4/2021: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR CLIMATE CHANGE J/G ‘P’ (1 POST)
- To provide analytical support on climate change to various sector departments of the county government;
- Establish and manage county registry for appropriate mitigation actions by public and private entities;
- Serve as the county knowledge and information management centre for collating, verifying, refining and disseminating knowledge and information on climate change;
- In collaboration with other agencies at national and county levels:
- identify low caron development strategy and coordinate related measurements reporting and verification;
- Develop strategies and coordinate actions for building resilience to climate change and enhancing adaptive capacity;
- Optimize the county’s opportunities to mobilize climate finance;
- Coordinate adherences to county’s international obligation including associated requirements;
- Coordinate implementation the gender and intergenerational climate change education, consultation and learning at the national and county levels;
- Advise the County Executive Committee Member, on matters relating to legislation, policy coordination, regulation and monitoring of climate change
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Environmental Law, Environmental planning and management, environmental engineering, meteorology, climatology or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Has an experience of at least three (3) years
- Experience at senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer in application
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill in the job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit the applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101 HOLA
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before 28th September 2021.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, the marginalized and Persons With Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.