Talent Development Job, Latest HR Jobs in Kenya 2020,
- As a key player in the HR Specialists Team, the Talent Development Advisor is responsible for shaping and implementing Medair’s Talent Development & Management strategy, to develop and retain talented employees.
- designing skills matrices, contributing to embedding a robust performance development and management practice and culture, building talent pipelines and succession plans, crafting an internal promotion process and a people review process.
- The Talent Development Advisor leads the design and deployment of new processes, policies and tools that align with our hiring needs and organisation’s objectives.
- Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers.
- Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
- Medair’s global HR function supports the organisation in the implementation of world class humanitarian aid projects by ensuring that the organisation has adequate systems and structures to efficiently recruit and retain the right people.
- The HR function is also working on impacting Medair’s culture by creating and sustaining a work environment where our values are fully alive and staff is being cared for through a “people to people” model.
Key Activity Areas
Talent Management Strategy
- Shape and implement Medair’s Development management strategy, together with the Recruitment Team Leader, L&D Advisor, HR Partners and HR focal points in country programmes.
- Define new processes, create tools, train and coach HR, leaders and staff based on operation needs and feedback.
- This includes developing processes for strategic usage of the Talent Development module in our HRIS Medair People.
Talent Management Review
- Define the Talent Development review process (Performance, Development and Talent review).
- Set, lead and communicate on the yearly Talent Development cycle’s agenda.
- Create adequate tools for leaders and employees to perform reviews and update regularly.
- Provide supporting materials to coach and train leaders and employees on Talent Development cycle.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development Advisor to strengthen leaders’ competency to assess staff performance and support staff development.
- Set up an internal promotion policy and make sure Talent Development is being deployed.
- Create a standard skill matrix to assess staff competencies.
- Support adaptation to functions and leadership levels.
- Coach and train HR Partners and HR Country representatives on implementation of the skill matrix. Collaborate with Learning & Development Advisor to identify key skills trainings.
- Define the criteria and the process for identifying internal talent.
- Coach HR Partners, HR focal points in country programmes and leaders to identify and assess internal talent.
- Collaborate with HR Partners and HR focal points to build talent pipelines per function and country.
- Lead regular talent reviews. Support the Recruitment team in promoting internal talent.
- Set up the process for identifying key positions per function and per country.
- Collaborate with HR Partners and HR Country representatives to build a succession plan.
- Review succession plans and internal talent to fit the needs of the organisation.
- Support the Recruitment team in promoting internal talent through succession plans.
- Collaborate with Learning & Development Advisor, HR Partners and focal points to identify career paths.
- Create and develop tools to build career paths. Promote internal career paths.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor the Talent Development process through the Talent Development Module in HRIS and take actions to meet the objectives.
- Provide regular metrics and analysis.
- Serve as functional manager for the Talent Development/L&D Officer (development plan, performance management objectives).
- Be part of the extended HR Management team.
- Design and continually improve on key processes, policies, procedures and information systems, through problem solving and new initiatives, in collaboration with the HRD and stakeholders.
- Lead and collaborate on assigned HR projects, track progress and deliver outputs on schedule.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
- This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in HR, or equivalent education, MSc in HR is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
- 3-5 years of experience in HR position with experience in performance management procedures, sourcing and recruitment process, learning and development programme implementation.
- Talent Management or Learning and Development.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office Environment, working experience with an HRIS is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills. Project Management skills.
- Ability to provide coaching. Sensitive to intercultural teams. Leadership ability.
How to Apply
Apply for the Talent Development Job here.