Systems Auditor Jobs, Audit Jobs In Kenya, Insurance Regulatory Authority Jobs
The Insurance Regulatory Authority is a State Corporation established under the Insurance Act, Cap 487 of the Laws
of Kenya with the mandate to regulate, supervise and promote development of the insurance industry in Kenya. The
Authority is seeking applications for the following vacant positions:
JOB TITLE:Systems Auditor
DIVISION/SECTION: Internal Audit
GRADE/LEVEL: IRA 6
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head, Internal Audit
Responsible for undertaking independent, value-adding and objective systems audit aimed at improving operational efficiency and internal controls system.
Implementation of Internal Controls • Plan Information Systems audits;
• Perform routine information systems audits;
• Prepare reports expressing opinions on the accuracy of financial records, compliance with board policies, administrative regulations, appropriate procedures and laws, and effectiveness of the control systems reviewed during an audit;
• Participate in information system projects for the Authority and ensuring adequate controls are incorporated;
• Prepare clear and concise documentation and system audit reports including recommendations for improvements for submission to auditees, senior management and the board
• Follow up to ensure recommendations have been implemented by management.
• Appraise the adequacy of corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions;
• Manage and maintain the company’s risk assessment processes to support the identification of risks and internal system audit projects and activities;
• Document the audit work papers, the procedures performed to substantiate audit conclusions and recommendations;
• Prepare quarterly board papers for the board audit committee; and
• Conduct internal investigations of alleged or suspected violations of criminal law and corporate policies.
Any other tasks
• Participate in various committees in the authority
Education and knowledge
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science;
• Professional qualification like CIA/ CPA/ /Risk Management related certifications or equivalent;
• CISA qualification; and
• Proficiency in ICT
• Five (5) years’ experience in systems audit experience gained from reputable organizations; and
• Diverse experience in managing internal and systems controls
• Strong analytical and numerical skills;
• Good communication and reporting skills; and
• Strong organization and inter personal skill
• Ethical and integrity;
• Team player; and
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present the following statutory documents during the interviews:
Certificate of good conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations, Clearance Certificate from the Higher
Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from the Ethics
and Anti-Corruption Commission, and report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with
the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the
job requirements given, please submit your application (clearly indicating on the envelope the reference number
and position you are applying for) with a detailed CV, stating your position, current remuneration, qualifications,
experience, names and addresses of three referees, email and telephone contacts together with copies of your
certificates and national identification card by close of business on 28th February 2020 to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100,
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Persons With Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Must Read>>> 3 Reasons Why Your Job Search Is Not Working