Supply Logistics Manager Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Supply Logistics Manager
JOB REF: KPC/ADVT/22/2020
Responsible for undertaking all activities related to demand planning and forecasting of products transported through the pipeline and translating the output into pipeline pumping schedules for the pipeline network and import schedules. In addition, provide KPC management and the Oil industry with up to date and detailed, accurate and timely information on product stocks, ullage availability, oil industry planned product importation, pipeline operational status and scheduled pipeline plans for decision making.
- Study products demands in the market and at KPC Depots/Terminals and carry out forecasts to determine realistic pumping schedules to maximize pipeline utilization and ensure adequate product stocks in the storage depots to meet customers’ requirements.
- Plan the pipeline network pumping schedule in consultation with the oil industry coordinator and communicate to the respective pumping stations for implementation after approval by Operations Manager before.
- Prepare and periodically update Management on the KOSF shipping nominations and ensure implementation as planned by the Petroleum industry.
- Prepare Transportation and Storage Agreements for new Pipeline users
- Keep abreast of Petroleum Industry decisions between the Marketers and the Government and implement where KPC is involved.
- Closely liaise with Kenya Revenue Authority on matters related to Petroleum products taxation and advice accordingly.
- Represent KPC at Oil Industry supply coordination meetings, in the industry vessel scheduling/ullage committee and other industry stakeholder’s forums and update management on critical industry issues requiring KPC action.
- Prepare daily/monthly Management reports on stock status and carry out other related activities as directed by management.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Commerce or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant experience five (5) of which should be at senior level in a large and busy organization.
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrated competence in work performance and results.
- Knowledge and understanding of KPC’s requirements including broad knowledge on Statistical Techniques.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including ability to prepare relevant reports.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining Operations issues, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional development.
- Ability to deliver KPC’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts.
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 13th October 2020.
Candidates interested in this position are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.