Senior Supply Chain Management Officer Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 12/2020,
Number of Positions : Seven (7),
Terms of Service : Pensionable,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 169,800 – 227,000 p.m.
The job holder is responsible for coordinating the operations of designated Supply Chain Management (SCM) functions and implementation of Procurement and Asset Disposal systems
The job holder will be responsible to the Assistant Director, Supply Chain Management
Area of Deployment:
- Procurement Planning and Secretariat; or
- Tendering, Contracts Administration and Management; or
- Stores, Inventory, Asset Management and Disposals
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, (PPADA)2015, policies and Regulations;
- Conducting procurement market research, surveys and global trends with respect to Supply Chain Management;
- Ensuring effective coordination, preparation and implementation of Procurement and Disposal plans;
- Identifying and implementing cost-saving/reduction initiatives within the Supply Chain Management function;
- Participating in preparation, advertisement, opening and evaluation of tenders and disposal processes;
- Reviewing, disseminating and ensuring implementation of the Directorate’s Service Charter;
- Offering secretariat services to the various Procurement and Disposal Committees;
- Ensuring efficient and effective Inventory and Asset Management system;
- Preparing, managing, monitoring and evaluating the execution of contracts; and
- Preparing and submitting statutory and management periodic reports in a timely manner.
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement and Logistics Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) from a recognized institution;
- A Post Graduate qualification in Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Logistics Management (CIPS, CPSP) or any other relevant qualifications;
- Membership to relevant professional body with Good Standing and Current Practicing License;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum six (6) years’ relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Middle Management level;
Job Core Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational planning skills and Results-oriented
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by: –
- Filling an Online Application Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
(a) Copy of National Identity Card;
(b) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae to include information on past, present employment or engagement with names of three (3) referees;
(c) Certified copies of academic & professional certificates and any other relevant testimonials;
(d) Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs (2 No.).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau; and
- Recommendation from relevant professional body, as the case may be, as being in Good Standing.
Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 28TH October, 2020 AT 5.00PM
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates