Clinical Officer Job, Medical Jobs 2020,
A KEMRI–CCR Clinical Trials Research Project is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for a motivated individual to fill in the following position:
Position: Study Clinician/Clinical Officer KMR 7 (1 position)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Provide clinical reproductive health services to research participants and implement research protocol in an upcoming clinical trial on contraceptives.
- Provide contraceptive, clinical and other reproductive health services to research participants
- Train and understand the research protocol
- Provide support to other clinicians in the provision of contraceptive, specifically IUD and Implants and reproductive health services
- Participate in the setup and implementation of clinical studies in line with study protocols and other guidance
- Complete research documentation as guided by good clinical and data practices
- Participate in the recruitment, screening, enrolment and follow up of study participants as or if required
- Participate in general research and study specific seminars, awareness drives and educational activities.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine, with a higher national diploma in reproductive service delivery
- Knowledge and skills in reproductive health and contraceptive services is required
- Be registered by the Clinical Officers Council
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with direct involvement in patient care especially in reproductive service delivery
- HIV Counseling and Testing skills is an added advantage but not required
Terms of employment
Employment is a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
How to Apply
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 23rd December, 2020.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.