Procurement Assistant Job, Current Procurement Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reporting to: Catering Manager -Directly & Procurement Manager -Indirectly
Basic job summary:
The Procurement Assistant will assist in the day to day running of the procurement function by offering administrative and technical support to the existing procurement team. The position will mainly involve sourcing, management of suppliers, internal users and routine procurement activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sourcing, negotiating with suppliers and coordinating the routine day to day procurement activities
- Preparing Local Purchase Orders and dispatching the same to both the suppliers and user departments.
- Maintaining the filing system and keeping safe custody of all the procurement related records.
- Tracking and expediting orders to ensure timely delivery and conformance to defined specifications.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the performance of suppliers and service providers.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on customer feedback on procurement services and suggestions there to.
- Receiving and responding to all enquiries from suppliers and customers on the procurement function.
- Implementing internal controls and procedures designed to ensure strict compliance with the procurement guidelines and policies.
- Serving as departmental QMS Auditor mainly by advising on quality measures to ensure that the department conforms to the University’s quality manual.
- The post holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Head of Department.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in an appropriate area of specialization from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Procurement and management of Suppliers
Competencies and Attributes
- Flexible, reliable, efficient, to work under minimum supervision
- Good communication skills
- Intellectual skills
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Procurement Assistant” on the subject line to [email protected] by 11th July 2022.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.