Operations Manager PATE Job, Kenyan University Jobs,
Job Title: Operations Manager PATE
Department: School of Tourism and Hospitality
Reporting to: Dean, School of Tourism and Hospitality
Basic job summary
The purpose of this job is to co-ordinate all the operations of the Pate Restaurant to deliver high quality of Food and Beverage (F&B) services and manage all F&B operations to the highest standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Restaurant, Kitchen, Stores and Laundry Managers to ensure smooth flow of PATE Restaurant operations and efficient delivery of products and services.
- Receive requests from clients to cater for special functions/events and ensure prompt and efficient delivery.
- Prepare the annual budget pertaining to PATE Restaurant operations and implement approved budget.
- Manage the cash flow and finances of the PATE Restaurant in liaison with the accountant.
- Follow up payment of invoices and periodically check in kuali system to ensure accurate record of income and expenses.
- Initiate plans to improve service quality delivery and increase revenue.
- Conduct performance appraisals of PATE Restaurant managers and together with corresponding managers conduct appraisals of line staff in each department.
- Liaise with STH Dean to make recommendations on job contracts and salary increment.
- Report to STH Management Committee through the STH Dean on matters of policies and procedures in the management of PATE Restaurant operations.
- Approve PATE Restaurant staff leave.
- Organize sourcing and selection of possible employees on contract or casual basis, and engage students on work-study plan.
- Audit and approve weekly payroll of casuals.
- Develop on going professional training of staff.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Production or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Professional course in leadership will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience with at least 2 in a supervisory role
Competencies and Attributes
- Computer Skills
- Customer Care Relations
- Team Leader and Player
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Continuously seek to improve self
- Honesty and Integrity
- Good Communication Skills
- Resolve conflicts and crisis
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Operations Manager – PATE” on the subject line to [email protected] by 30th September 2022.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.