Counselling Psychologist Job, Latest University Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: Counselling Psychologist
Department: Strathmore University Medical Centre
Reporting to: Director
Basic Job Summary:
Provides a range of psychological assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic, and/or case management services for students, couples, groups, and/or families, as appropriate to the specific expectations of the position. Will work with a team of counselors and report to the Director of Medical Services. May provide practical training and guidance to University students, staff and is expected to partner with various academic, administrative and support staff, as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides counseling/psychotherapy services to students, staff and families as appropriate to the position;
- Collects data about patients through interview, case history, psychological tests, and/or observational techniques
- Prepares and implements treatment plans, and follow-up care programs for all clients at the Clinic
- Provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as and when required.
- Follows up/evaluates the reliability and validity of treatment plans/approaches and makes recommendations to enhance the same.
- Partners/Consults with other therapists and related professional, as appropriate in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework;
- Evaluates client’s data and prepares individualized cases/clients for referral, admission, placement, and/or discharge as required.
- Participates in the identification, review and development of clinical issues, program policies and procedures.
- Participates in, leads, and/or coordinates training sessions and workshops to enhance mental health awareness and treatment skills.
- Liaises with appropriate teams including the MH club, Wellness, Mentoring and Spiritual Guidance teams to identify and meet the broader mental health needs at the University
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- A degree in clinical/counseling Psychology from a reputable university.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a practicing clinical/counseling psychologist.
- Membership in a professional organization
- Proven experience in developing effective treatment plans
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Maintain concise, timely, and accurate confidential records of patients
- Able to prioritize patients according to their clinical needs
- Good time management skills to balance the clinical and other duties
- Ability to solve difficult problems
- Should be able to challenge decisions
- Strong decision making and practical skill
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Counselling Psychologist” on the subject line to [email protected] by 18th July 2022. Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.