Operations Risk & Compliance Officer Job, Accounting Kenyan Jobs 2021,
Society Vision: To redefine financial wellness.
Stima DT Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading country-wide, fast growing, and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco). To achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for qualified and competent persons to fill the following vacancies:
OPERATIONS RISK AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Reporting to the Risk & Compliance Manager, the job holder will be responsible for establishing and implementing an appropriate Operational & Compliance Risk Management framework in line with the Society’s Strategic Plan, the Risk Management Policy, established Sacco laws and regulations and best financial service industry practices.
He/she will also establish and implement an appropriate continuous monitoring and reporting framework for Ops and Compliance risks that impact on the Sacco.
- Implement and monitor implementation of the strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
- Participate in development and Implementation of a Risk Monitoring and Reporting Framework
- Develop and operationalize operational risk policies, standards, and procedures for risk
- Ensure that relevant Business policies are effectively embedded within business units,
- Developing training programs and conducting training on developments in the legal and regulatory
- Ensuring customer portfolio is effectively risk rated and the AML or general compliance Monitoring activity is in line with the risk
- Transaction and customer screening for Anti-Money Laundering through daily reports and system generated alerts and subsequently close on all alerts generated with the assistance of AML Analysts.
- Liaison with the SACCO’s partners and counter parties in relation to all AML & KYC
- matters and questionnaires
- Liaison with FRC on daily cash transaction returns, suspicious transactions, and UN 1267 quarterly returns
- Review the SACCO’s operations to ensure they meet all regulatory requirements set under the SASRA
- Review Branches’ and head office departments’ operational, regulatory, credit risk and
- compliance risks.
- Conduct risk assessment for proposed and existing
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related courses, Computer Science and ICT or related
- field from a recognized University.
- Possess professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CISA, FRM CEH, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM or other risk related field. Certification in ICT Security, Audit and Risk Management and or other relevant training shall be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in ICT, Banking Operations, Audit, Risk Management and/or Compliance practices,
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERM concepts, operations, and ICT risk management
- High analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to challenge status quo based on qualitative facts and
- Demonstrate excellent report writing and presentation
- High ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism
- Planning and organization skills
- Interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Sacco products, services, and policies
- Excellent Customer Experience
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should apply on or before 5:00pm on Friday, 10th September 2021using the link provided in the Society’s website.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.