Terms of Employment: Fixed term contract for a period of 45 Months
Gross Monthly Remuneration: Kshs. 290, 757.75
Reporting to the Senior Data An
- Collecting, aggregating and merging data sets for multisectoral analysis;
- Assessing the distribution of variables for application of the most appropriate statistical;
- Analysing data using statistical software such as STATA or R by applying the most appropriate and robust statistical methods and sampling weights;
- Storing and cataloguing the syntax files, the output files and any history file of analysis to create a record of the analysis done;
- Creating new data sets of summary statistics for presentation in data dashboards;
- Assisting technical officers/Advisors to interpret the output of statistical analysis;
- Applying best practices in data processing, management and analysis.
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- Five (5) years’ working experience in organising and analysing large data sets, (ideally nutritional/biomedical or agricultural in origin, using statistical software.
- Experience in using Stata statistical software;
- Experience in STATA and R statistical software;
- Ability to produce reports will be an added advantage.
How To Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6, which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 103
Applications must be received not later than 5TH FEBRUARY, 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
MINORITIES AND MARGINALIZED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.