The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, btv, Farmers T.V, Radio Maisha, Vybez Radio, Spice FM, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations, we are looking for some smart, creative and ambitious individual to join the Finance team in the following capacity
REPORTING TO PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOBThe incumbent is responsible for delivering VALUE and PROCESS improvement through the application of best practices in procurement of quality goods and services from approved suppliers, both locally and internationally, in line with the Group’s business requirements, policies and procedures.
- Define and implement Category strategies, utilizing the strategic sourcing methodology, tools and policies.
- Perform supplier market analysis, business demand analysis and internal process mapping, to develop business insights that enable cost and process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and execute negotiation events seeking best value contracts and commercial agreements with contractors and supply partners.
- Ensure compliance to the Standard Group PLC business principles, policies and standards, the procurement policy and best practices.
- Establish relationships with stakeholders to integrate category spend, activity plans and outcomes in local budgets and pricing processes.
- Identify and capture Procurement value opportunities while ensuring Supply risks in the spend categories and implement the necessary risk management plans.
- Support the business units with category, supply market insights and data to enable the budgeting and other business unit decisions.
- Liaising with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as KRA, KEBS and KPA for timely and effective delivery of materials.
- Arranging for Import Declaration Licenses and Insurance for all imported goods and ensuring that the bonded warehouse licenses are up to date.
- Managing supplier relations and performance through regular meetings and evaluation to improve supplier service performance.
- Attending internal customer meetings to better understand their requirements.
- Contracting and contract management for goods and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or in a Business related field, Engineering or Information Technology.
- 3-5 Years in sourcing and contracting.
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Proactive Cooperation and Collaboration
- Results Focus
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Supplier and Stakeholder Relations
- Import and Export Process
- Ability to work with ERP systems
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and have the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website www.standardmedia.co.ke/jobs to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Wednesday 15th September 2021.
The Standard Group PLC is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY FEES FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS