Implementation Manager, Latest Finance Jobs Kenya,
The Role Responsibilities
The Implementation Manager is responsible for the client relationship throughout the implementation process and is the single point of contact for the client during that phase. He/she is responsible for ensuring the quality, consistency and value of the services and solutions are delivered to clients in a timely and efficient manner. He/she works closely with internal stakeholders such as Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Client Coverage (CCIB), Channels Management, Sales, Product Management, Operations, Client Service Group, Legal and Compliance to ensure the client’s requirements are met and ensure a smooth client experience throughout the onboarding process.
Other than strong project management skills, the Implementation Manager is also expected to drive product and channel agendas. He/she works closely with the Securities Services Head to implement the Securities Services deals for the Investor & Intermediaries (I&I) across multiple countries which covers products such as Custody, Fund Administration, Trustee, etc. He/she could be involved in supporting the Request For Proposal process and actively engaged in solution design, participate in client workshop and presentations. The Implementation Manager is required to have strong communication skills, flexible in way of working, pro-active, self-starter, strong interpersonal skills and can work well in a team environment.
- Works closely across the network to ensure best in class and quality services are being provided to onboarding clients.
- Monitors industry developments to build understanding of clients and their changing needs and priorities during onboarding. Builds strong client relationship and trust.
- Identifies common themes, in particular pain points in implementations and takes steps to streamline the onboarding processes wherever possible.
- Maintains appropriate commercial balance between needs of clients and long-term profitability / efficiency of the business.
- Works closely with Sales/ Business Account Managers /Product/ Coverage teams to fully understand the client and its business and thereby formulate appropriate onboarding plans
- Identifies ways to shorten onboarding times and commence revenue flow as soon as possible.
- Achieve positive client feedback and client’s willing to act as Standard Chartered Bank referees for future business.
- Maintain close and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and key clients
- Provides regular implementation updates and escalates key issues on a timely basis to senior management
- Clients range in size from small, single market, single product clients to those using multiple products in multiple-markets.
- Top clients, especially multi-market clients, expect global best practice in their interaction with Securities Services and the jobholder needs to be highly client centric, receptive to client requests, whilst also safeguarding the Bank’s commercial and regulatory interests.
- Client Implementations
- Complete Client implementations within the agreed timelines.
- Support complex implementations across the Africa & Middle East
- Meet the key milestones agreed with the Client
- Complete implementations within budget
- Achieve and aim to exceed all of the Clients’ expected benefits
- Delivery of technical channels to the Client including Application Programming Interface (API’s), Host to Host (H2H), Straight to Bank (S2B).
- Conduct Financing & Securities Services, Straight to Bank training to Clients
- Communicates implementation progress to internal Stakeholders
- Sales Support
- Active engagement in solution design
- Participates in Client meetings/workshops/presentations.
- Support Request For Proposal/ Request For Information process
- Channels Development
- Feedback to the Channels team Client feedback and requests for enhancement.
- Support new functionality testing
- Support / coordinate client testing
- Channels Commercialisation
- Participate in Channels roll out campaigns
- Participate in conversion campaigns
- Participate in utilisation campaigns
- Client Servicing
- Monitor and track any open issues from the implementation through to resolution post the Client going live.
- Respond to issues/requests escalated by Securities Services Client Service Managers.
- Provide advice and support to the Client post implementation.
People and Talent
- Contributes actively to best practice transfers to educate and support the Implementation function globally.
- Sets appropriate tone and expectations from the Financing & Securities Services (FSS) team and works in collaboration with risk and control partners locally
- Actively participates in on-going training and development initiatives
- Objectively provides feedback to Client Solution team members and managers, and provides guidance when necessary, to enhance client experience and business outcome.
- Proactively maintains an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual and the team play in managing them.
- Ensures all regulatory and compliance initiatives surrounding the FSS business are understood and adhered to, and escalates any concerns through management, and other channels, in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Delivers ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Ensures the process, commercials, and necessary governance are in place to govern the roll-out of the product.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients, Financial Crime Prevention, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Closely liaises with all key stakeholders involved in the implementation process, which include:
- the client
- internal entities such as FSS Sales, Product, Operations, Client Solutions, Prime Services, Financial Markets, Relationship Managers, Client Coverage, Digital Channels and Data Analytics (DCDA), Customer Integrations (CUI), Technology, Legal and Compliance.
- external entities as appropriate
- Embeds Here for good and Group’s brand and values,
- Performs other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Act as a role model, behaving with integrity and demonstrating exemplary conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- A dynamic team player, capable of adopting collaborative approach in designing unique client solutions.
- Well versed with local banking rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Minimum 5 -12 (depending on the seniority of the Client Implementation Manager) years’ experience in selling /implementing Securities Services/Transaction Banking products for Corporate and Institutional clients.
- Adequate knowledge of client documentation.
- Ability to work under strict timelines, budget and produce high quality deliverables.
- Self motivated, confident individual with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Out of the box creative thinking and decision making abilities in crunch situations.
- Analytical skills – ability to review & analyse workflows and procedure to drive process improvements, enhancing client experience.
- Adequate understanding of the various computer systems within the Bank and the applications of technology in business
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.