Manager Non-Financial Risk Job, Current Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
- Ensure the overall Non-Financial risk management, governance and control across the business in conjunction with wider Risk Management teams
- Ensure that the Business is supported by a robust framework of policies and standards with appropriate approval authorities.
- Facilitate the development of common processes across Business to ensure compliance to policies, operational standards and set controls.
- Promote, track and report on continuous improvement Initiatives to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements as well as control standards
- Provide oversight to business activities with regular audits of conformance including deep dives, reviews and liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Provide oversight and support the implementation of country’s programme of work to BCM / DR / Contingency planning,
- Support embedment of all new and emerging Non-Financial risks
- Provide assurance to management that all risk policy requirements are addressed and embedded in the business unit
- Provide information in an appropriate way for different audiences, e.g. business leadership so they understand the most significant risks, to governance committees (i.e. Mancos, Operational Risk Committee (OPCO), Risk & Conduct Committee (RCC) etc. Ensuring they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business, and to relevant individuals within Business and to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Provide risk input with regard to assessments for change initiatives /process reviews and ensure material Non-Financial risks are duly mitigated
- Implementation, validation and monitoring of operational risk management processes within the business
- Provide adequate operational risk review and evaluation of new product releases, and emerging risks due to changes to products and service offerings within the business
- Provide oversight for the management of all entries as well as data related to RCSA, KRIs, Incidents and losses uploaded on Risk tools.
- Validate reported operational incidents and exceptions, perform root cause analyses, identify potential opportunities for improvements to upstream processes/systems.
- Supervise continuous improvement in the quality of assessment report, adhoc tasks e.t.c
Strategy, Culture, Data and capacity building
- Provide input into the Non-Financial Risk Management strategy to ensure all non-financial risks are managed appropriately across the enterprise.
- Support NFRs digital and automation strategy
- Collaborate with Business unit heads and other stakeholders (e.g., Operations, Legal, Compliance, FCC, GRES, Physical Security and other risk type functions, and IT)
- Lead and drive a risk culture across business segment and the bank in order to provide clients assurance on the upholding of the highest levels of integrity and meeting all regulatory and reputational requirements.
- Support the development of BUs in understanding NFR through interventions in areas relating to technical knowledge, NFR monitoring tools, insights and trends, hands-on supervisory support in managing risks.
- Continuously improve the operational risk processes with the intention of adding value to business whilst introducing practices that are fit for purpose in line with leading global practices.
- Collaborate with members of the Risk Community to ensure that actions on Business Top Risks are accurately and appropriately defined and tracked to ensure successful remediation and mitigation of high-risk issues.
- Degree in Business Commerce/ Finance and Accounting or Risk Management
- MBA or Risk certifications will be an added advantage
Skills and Experience:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Risk in a large global corporate environment, good understanding of all aspects of Operational Risk Management, High degree of understanding of all aspects of risk within a technology environment, good understanding of the operations function and business processes relating to Wholesale and Retail banking transactions.
How to Apply