Assistant School Cook Job, Latest Kenyan Hotel Jobs,
Job Title: Assistant School Cook
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Prepare and cook fresh food.
- Assist in food production, service and /or cleanup tasks as assigned.
- Ensure all food/ meals are produced on time.
- Prepare large quantities of meals for internal and external schools.
- Serve the pupils food.
- Ensure that the kitchen, dining halls, equipment and utensils are all properly cleaned and correctly stored away.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is properly maintained and that any defects are reported promptly to the Food Service Director.
- Assist with designing high quality, tasty and appetizing food for pupils, visitors and staff.
- Participate in all general catering and dining room duties.
- Ensure that all personal and food hygiene procedures are applied at all times.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking or Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Food Production and Cooking/Kitchen Services)
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Pass Medical Examination
- Excellent communication skills
- Good standards of hygiene
- Organized and methodical
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of catering
- Proven experience in Supervising a team of catering staff is a Plus
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner
- Capable of meeting physical demands of the job such as lifting up to 11 KGS and moving up to 22 KGS.
- Be committed to and attend relevant continuous professional development
- Undertake any reasonable instruction given by your mentor or Leadership Group member to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of your role
How to Apply:
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.