The overall purpose of this job is to ensure proper management of the company’s inventory/ stock items, maintain and update the stock records, conduct physical stock counts, perform regular stock reconciliations and monitor stock transactions.
- Implement and enforce inventory policies, procedures, ERP workflows and internal controls.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate the period stock take exercises.
- Conduct random stock checks to confirm stock levels, expiry dates and any other anomalies and take appropriate action.
- Identify and resolve causes of inventory variances/discrepancies.
- Collate, document and report all variances reported during receipt of goods from suppliers and ensure proper adjustments are done after approval.
- Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against the system for all categories of inventory and highlight variances.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of internal control systems and procedures to reduce theft, damage,breakage and inventory obsolescence.
- Conduct regular review and reporting on inventory ageing analysis report and take appropriate/recommended actions.
- Handle and document approved non-routine inventory transactions i.e. stock adjustments.
- Monitor all inventory related transactions on the ERP to ensure proper recording, completion and clean-up of incomplete transactions i.e. transfer orders, purchase orders and sales orders/return orders.
- Analyze inventory trends and consumption rates and advise accordingly.
- Manage the monthly financial close for inventories.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisors from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or other business related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
Technical & Behavioural competencies
- Good understanding of stock-related operational and control requirements.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel and Workbooks.
- Good communication skills in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to deliver excellent results under minimum supervision.
- A keen eye for details.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with copies of their National Identification Cards and Updated CVs, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to the following e-mail on or before 30th November 2022:
Hard copies will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Please note that St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting of interview meeting).
St. Luke’s Orthopaedic and Trauma Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.