Radiographer/Sonographer Job, Current Medical Jobs,
RADIOGRAPHER/SONOGRAPHER ADVERT-Ref:Stfch/Jan/RDG-01(4 POSITIONS)
St. Francis Community Hospital a Faith Based Hospital and one of the leading health care institutions in Kenya has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will effectively add value to the hospital by enabling excellent patient care and shaping the best clinical and non-clinical practice.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Performing radiological procedures by operating complex medical instruments such as CT scanners, X-ray, ultrasound, and several other imaging devices.
- Producing images of high diagnostic quality.
- Assisting with diagnostic imaging services in Theatres.
- Safeguarding all confidential information concerning patients and their treatment.
- Safeguarding hospital equipment and patient’s property from damage, wastage or loss.
- Effective use of picture archiving and radiological information systems.
- Upholding professional code of conduct and statutory regulations especially by ensuring that Radiation Protection Rules are applied at all times.
- Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure.
- Supervise the activities of nurse aids and trainee radiographers in the department.
- Maintain proper records of patient details ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Follow up on patients after treatment to track the progress of recovery and ensure patients show no signs of radiation side effect.
- Explain to patients and their family the details of a procedure and ways to manage possible side effects.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines to minimize risk of exposure to ionizing radiation.
- Taking part in routine daily inspection of equipment and quality assurance procedures, reporting any deficiencies or malfunction to the appropriate manager.
- Keeping up-to-date with current techniques and developments in Radiographic and Imaging procedures.
- Take responsibility for keeping the department in general and specifically the work area, clean, tidy and safe.
- Ensuring effective and economic use of resources and report all occurrences of defects which may affect health and safety.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma (Higher Diploma) in Medical Imaging Sciences from recognized and registered Medical Institution.
- Must be a registered member of Radiation Protection Board.
- Experience with Echocardiography and Fluoroscopy will be an added advantage.
- One (1) year work experience.
- Computer literate.
- Good clinical skills and judgment.
- Able to perform well under pressure.
- Detail Oriented.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to [email protected] on or before 11th February, 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.