Internal Auditor Job, Current Audit Jobs In Kenya,
St. Francis Community Hospital wishes to recruit a highly motivated, result oriented, competent, honest and remarkably talented Internal Auditor with strong work ethics and passion for excellence.
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for conducting internal audits of the hospital, preparing internal audit reports and highlight issues relating to internal controls & risk management. The Internal Auditor shall evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the hospital’s risk management processes, internal control systems and recommend corrective actions, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs where possible
Duties & Responsibilities
- Risk Management
- Prepare a risk based internal Audit Plan/ Program for every financial year.
- Identify internal controls issues for key risk processes in a timely manner to proactively avert losses;
- Coordinate with relevant departments on the preparation and updating of the risk register for presentation to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Hospital Advisory Board (HAB).
- Internal Audit and Controls
- Developing and presenting for approval the internal audit charter
- Planning and conducting risk-based audits. Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and audit objectives;
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with Chief Executive Officer and departmental heads; identify and communicate control issues noted, offering practical solutions relevant to the hospital and related risks;
- Prepare and submit timely, quality audit reports; engage in meetings with management and departmental heads and advise on areas of improvements;
- Constantly monitor if the audit recommendations have been implemented by the management by way of follow- up audits and report on any gaps observed;
- Coordinating the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures (SOP) with key emphasis on adequacy of controls;
- Stakeholder engagement
- Assess, evaluate and advise management on how to achieve statutory/ legal compliance;
- Conduct ad-hoc/ special investigations and reviews as requested by management/ HAB;
- Update the Audit and Risk Committee; on execution and progress on assigned tasks and any arising significant internal control issues;
- Liaise with the external auditor, regulators appropriately in consultation with CEO, CFO and the HAB.
- Strong knowledge of standards, procedures, and general auditing policies
- Effective and explicit communication skills in both oral and written forms
- Ability to analyze and solve problems relating to auditing and related disciplines
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of audit and accounting software
- Possess good interpersonal skills and high level of integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Finance or other business-related fields from a recognized institution.
- Must be a qualified accountant with relevant professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or ACCA.
- Possession of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor certifications is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Active member of ICPAK/IIA
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit and address their applications, ENCLOSING A DETAILED CV, AND COVER LETTER ONLY to [email protected] so as to be received by 15th July 2022.Applicants MUST INDICATE CURRENT & EXPECTED CONSOLIDATED SALARY in their application and indicate INTERNAL AUDITOR on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
St. Francis Community Hospital is an equal opportunity employer