Day Matron Job, Latest Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
St Andrew’s Prep School is seeking to appoint a Day Matron who will assist the House Parents in ensuring the welfare of the pupils within the Boarding House, while acting as a role model to pupils within the School.
Reporting to the House Parent in the respective Boarding House, the Day Matron will be expected to take care of pupils, with particular responsibility for their health and well being of the pupils and the smooth running of the domestic side of school life.
- Providing care to the pupils of the particular boarding house
- Ensuring that the boarding house is maintained in excellent condition
- Responsible for their health, clothing and general well-being
- Supervising of cleanliness and organisation in the dorm
- Liaising with Medical Centre Staff to ensure communication of relevant medical and pastoral concerns raised in the Medical Centre regarding pupils from their house.
- Overseeing the Dhobi system for the boarding house, ensuring that students are regularly having clothes washed and that the system is working effectively.
- Carrying out inventories of fixtures and fittings and reporting the need for repairs and replacement.
Working at St Andrew’s, Turi, is an exciting and dynamic experience. We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
There are some things that are essential to working with us. The successful candidate will need to:
- Support the School’s Christian Ethos
- Ability to communicate well and establish firm and consistent boundaries
- Ability to relate to pupils with understanding in an open, calm and friendly way
- Evidence of being able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- Well organized, patient, flexible and able to prioritise, resilient under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- A strong team player and able to lead and manage own work effectively.
- A commitment to help us provide world-class Pastoral care for our children.
- A High School Education Certificate or its equivalent
- At least one year experience as a Matron in a boarding school.
- A good command of the English Language, both spoken and written
- Basic IT Skills
- A Certificate in Nursing or Counselling will be an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions
There is a reasonable overall remuneration package as detailed below
- Salary: The successful applicant will be placed on a reasonable wage
- Medical care: a medical insurance scheme will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Pension: The School operates a defined contribution pension scheme in which the employer and employee each contribute 6% of the monthly
- Meals: these are provided during term time as a taxable
- Facilities: extensive sports facilities are open to use by staff.
Hours of work and holiday entitlement
The role is full-time and includes working in the Monday to Friday and at weekends as required. The successful applicant will be expected to take a full and active part in the boarding life of the school. S/He will also be expected to work during some of the holidays.
St Andrew’s School, Turi is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
The successful applicant will undertake their role and responsibilities in accordance with St Andrew’s School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Guidelines and will be required to undergo all checks relevant to the post.
Please complete and attached the School’s Application Form.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st September, 2022
Go to https://standrewsturi.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=73 to apply.