Principal Officer Job, Latest HR Jobs,
Job Grade: RL 4,
Directorate: Remuneration Services,
Reporting to: Deputy Director, Collective Bargaining Negotiations
To provide technical support in Collective Bargaining Negotiations (CBN) in line with Commission’s mandate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the Commissions Strategy on Collective Bargaining Negotiations;
- Implement policies, procedures and manuals on Collective Bargaining Negotiation processes;
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets for programs and ensure optimal utilization;
- Contribute to the development and implements the functional risk management framework.
- Ensure compliance on all statutory requirements, Government Circulars and Commission policies.
- Analysis of data and information in collaboration with other departments, relating to Collective Bargaining Negotiations for Public Service organizations;
- Analyse Collective Bargaining Negotiations (CBN) proposals based on appropriate parameters and make recommendations;
- Contribute to the development and regular review of CBN guidelines;
- Undertake CBN analysis in consultation with the Ministry of Labour to ensure that CBN and Agreements are consistent with the mandate of the Commission;
- Undertake comparative analysis on remuneration and benefits in comparable sectors for purposes of recommendations;
- Maintain an up to date CBA data base to ensure ease of retrieval, confidentiality and consistency in decision making;
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to Supervisor;
- Contribute to the development of the Work plan, policies and procedures of the Department;
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets
Qualification and Personal Specification
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Public and Business Administration or other relevant field from a recognized university;
- Post-graduate Diploma in Human Resources/Industrial Relations/CHRP II/Law or in a related field;
- Certificate in Labour Laws;
- Certificate in Leadership from a recognized institution;
- Relevant work experience of at least eight (8) years in a reputable organization;
- Relevant professional qualification.
- Membership to relevant professional body
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Knowledge of public finance management principles and processes;
- Demonstrated knowledge in compensation and remuneration policy formulation;
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Strong Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Report writing and presentation skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach current clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Higher Education Loans Board and
- Credit Reference Bureau (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 8th March, 2021.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.