Office Manager Job at Spenn Kenya
SPENN is an advanced financial platform built into a user friendly mobile e-Wallet. The product was developed by Blockbonds, a company with the vision to create a world where everyone has the opportunity to join the digital economy.
We are looking for an Office manager to join and help in the running of our office based in Nairobi.
- The office manager works under the direct supervision and guidance of the Country Manager and is responsible for handling administration and clerical duties.
- Achieve excellence in records keeping, typing reports, managing stationery, maintaining office neatness and cleanliness.
Roles for the Office Manager Job
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on telephone or via e-mail.
- Maintain effective filing and documentation of all correspondences, documents and reports; while observing confidentiality, timeliness, orderliness and neatness.
- Typing general correspondence and reports for presentation and communication. Coordinate the pickup, distribution and delivery of mail and parcels.
- Organize and coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings including distribution of notices to relevant parties as instructed.
- Attend/organize meetings convened from time to time and assist in preparing/taking memos.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies; and handle purchases when required.
- Perform clerical duties and run errands on behalf of the Country Manager.
- Deliver excellent front office services – receive, welcome and direct visitors promptly and in cordial manner.
- Readily available to perform other duties which are not included in the job description as assigned from time to time by the Country Manager.
- Distributing invoices and ordering stationery for the department.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports with summaries on major issues.
- Constantly seek improvements in operational efficiency.
- Meet the agreed KPIs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Office Manager Job Requirements
- Academic excellence in Administration, Management, Front Office and Public Relations –Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma from reputable institutions.
- Basic accounting, human resource management, information technology and procurement skills is an added advantage.
- One to two years’ experience working as a Private Secretary/Personal Assistant for a Chief Executive Officer in private/corporate sector.
- Excellent management, report writing, organization, interpersonal and communication skills with strong command of English and Swahili languages – oral and written proficiency.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- High flexibility to work on short-notice and over weekends and holidays.
- Being able to deliver excellent service and maintain good attitude when faced with work pressure, competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, willing to work independently while being a strong team player and excellence in multi-tasking.
- Ease and interest in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule in a start-up environment.
- Punctual, reliable and with genuine concern to help customers.
- The ideal candidate is one who touches the lives of the unbanked and under-banked on a daily basis, and can relate to them on a personal level.
- High degree of intelligence.
- Tidiness in work; and immaculately dressed.
- Pleasant and diplomatic personality with friendly attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and take direction.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results.
- Initiative and self-motivated.
- Welcomes and embraces change with a positive attitude.
- Excellent temperament and personal integrity – honest, reliable, trustworthy and respectful.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Be professional and good team player at all times.
- Be able to communicate well with people of all levels.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.