Senior Procurement Job, Latest ProcurementJobs Kenya,
SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya implements programs in five (5) of Kenya’s 47 Counties namely Nairobi, Mombasa, Uasin Gishu, Kisumu and Meru. We seek to recruit suitably qualified persons to fill the position:
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER – 1 Position (National Office)
Job Summary: Reporting to the National Director, the Senior Procurement Officer will be responsible for managing the procurement unit, and developing and implementing strong governance through procurement policies, processes, and controls. S/he will develop organization-specific cost optimization programs through innovative procurement strategies and implement procurement plans based on organization forecasts.
- SOS Children’s Villages Kenya, Regional and International Staff
1. Supply Chain Planning
- Ultimately responsible for supply chain activities.
- Planning and developing supply chain plans to support program implementation and coordinating closely with internal and external stakeholders. Supply chain planning includes; procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans, staffing plans, distribution plans, and training plans.
- Developing procurement plans for all active grants in collaboration with program coordinators/managers.
- Procurement Management
- Management of procurement strategies, policies, and procedures for the MA in time.
- Compliance to SOS Children’s Villages Kenya and donor policies in the procurement of program supplies and assets.
- Reviewing and executing of procurement contracts in a timely manner. i.e. issuing LPO, and lease agreements.
- Submission of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Reviewing procurement documents before payments i.e. invoice, delivery notes, etc. Ensuring all suppliers/service providers’ information, history and performance are filed and kept confidentially in all offices
- Updating prequalified supplier’s database
- Conducting market surveys and quarterly analyses to be shared with the program team and locations.
- Establishing reasonable and appropriate lead-time for all procurement of program supplies and delivery of goods.
3. Inventory Management
- Implementing inventory standards operating procedures and control as per SOS Children’s Villages Kenya policy.
- Checking and ensuring safety through supply chain assessment tool.
- Responsible for procurement, maintenance, safekeeping and records of all Member Association (MA) assets and equipment.
- Asset maintenance and tracking through tagging.
- In charge of asset disposal as per organization policy
- Conducting spot checks, documenting and reporting for all organization assets, inventory and equipment at least once in the year.
5.Fleet /Vehicles Management
- In charge of overseeing and coordinating all MA fleet and transportation, ensuring that all fleet operations are conducted with adherence to SOS Children’s Villages Kenya vehicle policies and procedures including vehicle procurement, movement, and maintenance and reporting accuracy.
- Ensuring all MA vehicles are in good condition and well maintained
- Arranging for insurance of all vehicles according to organization policy.
- Ensuring fleet management policy is implemented and followed by all staff in the MA. • Regularly reviewing fuel consumption management.
- Reviewing vehicle monthly reports and providing necessary reports to the management
6.Contract Management, Compliance and Ethics
- Identifying and analyzing compliance risk in supply chain processes, implementing strong procurement controls, identifying procurement red flags.
- Implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans and ensure all supply chain activities are conducted in ethical manners.
- Preparing Consultancy Agreement, Statement of Works (SoW), Contracts and other documents required for project implementation in consultation with legal specialists as needed.
- Monitoring and analyzing contract performance as per the agreed terms.
- The role holder is responsible for and must ensure each procurement process demonstrates value for money and cost efficiency to the organization.
- Compliance to MA and federation “Conflict of Interest” and “Anti-Fraud” policies and MA approved budgets.
- Capacity building of location procurement teams for effective and efficient procurement of goods and services at the locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or equivalent
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Must be a registered member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) and in good standing.
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain and/or procurement, preferably in the NGO sector. 5. CPSP, APS or CIPS qualifications is desirable.
Required skillset & Personal Attributes
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- High standards of conduct and ethics as well as integrity, appropriate judgment, independence and confidentiality.
- Personal organization and planning skills; ability to organize and prioritize
- Capable of a rigorous analytical approach and result oriented.
- Ability to place details in a wider context;
- Flexible, resilient, and able to manage stress.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send a Cover Letter & updated CV in PDF with details of 3 traceable referees one of which must be your immediate former employer to [email protected] addressed to the Human Resources Manager to reach us on or before 20th May 2022. Please specify on the position interested in.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.