Solar Products – Credit Manager Jobs at Corporate Staffing
Our client is a rapidly growing company committed to providing life-saving, affordable positive impact household energy products. Some of their products include; improved cook stoves, and solar home systems.
They seek to hire an individual who will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and technical support in credit management, reviewing non-performing assets book and developing appropriate strategies to ensure timely recovery of amounts due, with minimum loss exposure.
Reporting to: COO
Credit Manager Job Responsibilities
- Review and develop new credit assessment procedures and policies for the company and ensure that appropriate approval levels are established.
- Continuously ensure that the company, specifically the credit team, adheres to these policies and procedures.
- Work with management to understand new channels for credit sales or mechanisms for credit and work out appropriate credit assessment techniques.
- Train the sales team on the credit assessment techniques in order to allow them to better work with their customers and explain the credit approval process.
- Develop procedures for collections management for all future debt and work with the credit and sales teams on implementing.
- Work on inventive strategies for collecting old debt and reduce the bad debts for the company.
- Achieve key targets in relation to cash collections each month, and if there are serious issues which would affect this and company liquidity raise these with management.
- Ensure that full and detailed records of all collection work is filed and kept for every invoice and customer. This includes call logs, details of visits, details of letters sent, engagement of lawyers, reports to CRB and anything else that occurs in the course of collections.
- Work proactively with Billing, Customer Services, Sales and Legal departments, and major clients to solve issues and manage collections and customer escalations.
- Measure the credit control department performance and effectively manage it ensuring team motivation and excellent performance at all times.
- Effectively manage account/invoice disputes, both internally and externally and ensure that disputes are resolved without undue delay.
- Constantly strive for new and better ways to assess credit and manage collections.
- Work with the other heads of department to drive improvements in processes and procedures across the organization and foster good and effective business relationships between departments
Qualifications for the Credit Manager Job
- Degree in a Business field
- Professional Diploma course in Credit Management
- Certified Credit Professional
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in credit management, debt collection, and business risk management Preferably gained from the service industry in companies with large quantities of credit customers in a variety of different channels
- Excellent customer and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel to the branch network and to meet out of town key customers occasionally.
- A good understanding of business and credit management in Kenya.
How to Apply