Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
The Social Scientist will ensure that CIP’s ongoing and evolving research and development programs will apply latest methodologies and insight from qualitative social science, including gender research. Secondly, the Social Scientist will ensure that this research is carried out at excellent standards, guides program implementation towards equitable outcomes, results in impactful publications, and can influence future research and policy design. The position will be part of CIP’s global Social and Nutrition Sciences Division and will work closely with scientists across disciplines and countries and with the CGIAR gender platform. The position at least initially has a focus on research programs in Africa and South Asia but is relevant for all of CIP’s programs. The position will report to one of CIP’s global program leaders and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda.
· Provide science leadership across CIP’s program portfolio to identify key social science research priorities related to human and institutional behavior change and develop research strategies and plans for addressing these.
· Specifically, design and implement research on gender and social inclusion within the context of two of CIP’s largest projects focused on technology development and delivery for nutrition impacts in Africa and South Asia.
· As part of CIP’s social science team contribute significantly to the CGIAR gender platform.
· Produce peer-reviewed publications as lead author and contributing author in high quality journals, based on this research.
· Develop and manage productive research partnerships with universities and research institutes of international stature.
· Contribute to program reporting and communications with development partners to ensure that findings from qualitative social research help strengthen CIP’s credibility and influence.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter