Social Media Internships, Communication Jobs, Media Jobs, Digital Marketing Internships, Standard Media Group Jobs
The Standard Group PLC is recognized as a leading multi-media house in East Africa. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian weekly newspaper, Think Outdoor (billboard advertising) and Standard Digital.
As part of our mandate to create learning opportunities, we are searching for young smart, vibrant, creative and ambitious graduates to join the content team of www.standardmedia.co.ke – the #1 news site in Kenya. The Graduate Internship programme is a six month intensive opportunity to learn from a great team of journalists and contribute to various Standard Digital websites.
- Work on various digital projects under the guidance of a mentor.
- Interview news sources for web and video platforms.
- Write creative content for various Standard Digital websites.
- Monitor news feeds for breaking news and information.
- Create and engage online communities.
- Generate visual content for various web platforms.
Qualification and Skills:
- Recently graduated or about to graduate with a degree in communication, journalism or any other creative field.
- Experience and knowledge in web publishing.
- Willingness and ability to learn and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of video and social media platforms.
- Able to effectively and creatively use social media to engage
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Video production and editing skills (an added advantage)
- No Working Experience Required
- Languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
We have vacancies for individuals with exceptional skills in the following sections:
- Social media
- Video desk
- Sports desk
- Entertainment (SDE)
How To Apply:
Your application letter should clearly indicate:
1. The section you are interested in.
2. Links to work samples (if any).