Operations Manager, USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative (ELMI), Kenya
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is seeking an Operations Manager to manage logistics and office facilities for the project. The Operations Manager will report to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) and will provide backstopping and logistical support to the technical team to ensure the success of project activities. This is a full-time position to be based in Nairobi, Kenya; some travel to Somalia may be required.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kenyan citizenship will be considered.**
- Oversee administrative, logistical and procurement matters, to include coordination of travel arrangements and IT asset management.
- Manage and organize facilities by ensuring the smooth running of office operations and procedures in compliance with SI policies.
- Manage relationships with local vendors and service providers.
- Assist in the recruitment of full-time and STTA positions for the field office.
- Work with Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) to ensure financial and contractual compliance on all project work.
- Process and prepare other operational and technical reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, contracts, or a related field and a minimum of seven years of experience required.
- Previous operations management experience on USAID-funded contracts.
- Strong knowledge of relevant USAID policies and procedures.
- Experience managing and monitoring contractor deliverables.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous work in Somalia preferred with thorough knowledge of local logistics and security issues.
- Oral and written fluency in English required; Somali preferred.
How to Apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.