GIS Data Management Intern, Internship Jobs In Kenya,
Based in SNV’s Nanyuki field office in Laikipia county, the intern will support implementation of the LISTEN project activities by performing basic level technical and professional tasks associated with the preparation, capturing, storing and maintaining of data using database procedures and tools to ensure the Geographic Information System (GIS) provides comprehensive and complete information about the project.
The position comprises of the following key performance areas but not limited to:
Geographic Information System (GIS):
- Conducting spatial data availability and needs analysis.
- Inventory of mapping requirements and developing several standardised maps for the use under the LISTEN project.
- Supporting project partners in digitisation of data and spatial data.
- Assisting with the identification of appropriate software to ensure user-friendly and sustainable data use, exchange among project stakeholders.
- Supporting SNV Kenya in developing a standardised spatial data management procedure including standardised mapping applications and data presentation tools.
- Assisting in building the capacity of project staff, relevant partner and stakeholder staff in the collection and management of spatial data through GIS.
- Supporting the partners and stakeholders in analysis and presentation of spatial data through GIS.
Reporting and Communication:
- Creating user-friendly maps and data visualisation.
- Participating in project-level coordination meetings (Capacity Building Team meetings, Planning Team meetings, project team meetings) as relevant.
- Complying with Project documentation requirements.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or be pursuing an advanced university degree, such as a Masters, or be a recent graduate from such studies (within the last 3 years);
- Preferred area of study is one of the following: GIS, geomatics, geography, environmental science, sustainable development, transport, urban planning, engineering Urban and Regional Planning, Environmental Studies or in any other relevant area is preferred.
- While no professional experience is required for an internship, experience in the field of GIS, geomatics, geography, environmental science, sustainable development, transport, urban planning, engineering or similar fields is considered an asset.
c) Key Competencies
- Fluent in English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Time management;
- Attention to detail;
- Creativity and innovation.
Expected start date
How to apply
Please apply for the job here and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 16 May 2022. Please submit your application letter and CV containing three referees.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.