MPBN/PACO SME Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs 2020,
Role Profile: MPBN/PACO SME Engineer
Location: Reporting in Nairobi
At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
- Second level Support for Juniper, Nokia, ZTE Routers and switches among others – including equipment surveillance, operations and configurations
- Ensure that all IP Core devices are functioning (Enhanced packet Core /Mobile Packet Core) as per the business and network requirements.
- Ensure Network Diagrams, HLD, DLD and LLD/CLI is maintained up to date
- Ensure all Fault Reports, Trouble Tickets & Incidents are addressed within SLAs. All such events are ensured to be documented with RFO, RCA and RCF.
- Provide a pathway towards extending relevant IP architectures towards the Access network ( Metro Ethernet, MPLS-TP etc )
- Directly manage 2nd line Operations for IP Core ensuring adherence to SLAs, KPIs, Life Cycle for Availability, Accessibility, Retainability & Reliability
- Participate in design for MPBN and PS core network expansions
- Prepare and Analyse MPBN reports on a weekly basis and advice customer on correction performancemeasures performance and optimization activities
- Monitor end to end capacity utilizations and provide forecasts aimed at providing head room to control network congestion
- Responsible for Configuration Management (generate and implement data transcript for network modifications)
- Ensure Service levels and MTTR (Mean Time To Restore) are upheld within the Customer Network by providing leadership in troubleshooting and fault restoration.
- Coordinate Level 1/2 technical support; Ensure proper Customer/Vendor follow-up and escalation. Facilitate identification of control mechanisms and critical action/recovery paths for the relevant system components.
- Manage equipment Vendor and Customer communication to get closure agreement on raised complaints and tickets.
- Preventive maintenance, Operational Instructions, and Processes Documentation in regards to the IP and Mobile Packet Core
- B. Sc. Degree in Computer, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent disciplines,
- Extensive and Compulsory knowledge on Juniper IP/MPLS, Nokia Routers/Switches, ZTE and HP routers and switches added advantage
- Preferred Certifications include: SRA, 3RP, NRSII, NRSI, CCIE/CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIE/JNCIS is advantage.
- Experience on Ericsson EPG/SAPC/MME added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written and documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving skills and working experiences on routers/switches.
- Ability to learn effectively and quickly,
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative.
- Languages: Fluent English.
- Minimum 7-year IP experience.
How to apply