Logistics in Africa is broken! It’s super fragmented, informal and very costly, making it difficult for small business to trade in Africa. At Sendy we are on a mission to solve this problem – We have built the first efficient shared logistics platform for Africa that will create new possibilities for small businesses and transporters.
We are looking for an experienced, hard-working Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team. In this role you will be working with the rest of team making sure that the platform is always up and secure. You will scale and maintain Sendy’s microservices platform to handle our growing business needs.
Obsess about the customer
- Control the user experience from a platform standpoint. Make sure that services are always up and scale according to demand.
- Always have metrics that inform the team about the user experience eg how long does a request take?
- Work with the the tech team to come up with better ways run our services eg Optimizing database access
- Work with the rest of the departments to make sure internal technical tools work flawlessly
- You are not afraid to put on different hats when the time arises
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to get to the root cause of an issue with the Sendy’s Platform even if the issue is not in your docket.
Continuously learn and Simplify processes
- Always strive to learn something new and share with your work mates. The new shiny thing out there may not fit into our platform but an opportunity to learn is not a waste of time.
- Not afraid to carry out experiments but of-course responsibly (should never impact the customer negatively)
- Ensure transparent communication with all our partners, customers from terms and conditions to updates when things break.
- Drive a culture of being transparent within your team and the rest of the Sendy team.
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science ( haha 🙂 – we are funny like that )
- Proficient with docker should have an idea of what a container is comprised of
- Familiarity with docker orchestration technologies with kubernetes prefered
- Proficient in linux system administration and best security practices
- Proficient in database administration . Mysql/MariaDB preferred
- Proficient in at least 2 scripting languages
- Familiarity with application deployment concepts
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.