Assistant Agricultural Officer I J.G ‘J’ Job at the County Government of Siaya (3 positions)
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable
An officer at this level will work under guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities will entail: –
- promotion and implementation of activities related to Agribusiness development;
- promote holistic farm business development plans;
- undertake cost-benefit analysis/ gross margins for enterprises and technologies promoted in Ward;
- monitoring of agri-business development activities in the Ward;
- consolidating farm input requirements in the Ward in;
- establish a data bank on farmers, stockists and partners;
- promoting commodity value chain development;
- promoting producer market groups;
- monitoring the performance of agricultural markets;
- capacity building and backstopping on agribusiness, agricultural marketing and credit management;
- participating in broad based surveys, stakeholder fora, shows, exhibitions and field days;
- preparation of work plans and budgets; and
- compilation of periodic reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Diploma in Agriculture, Food science, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Natural Resource Management, Agribusiness, Agriculture Extension, Agricultural Education, Agricultural engineering or an equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on [email protected]siaya.go.ke
So as to reach the Board on or before Friday, 21st December 2018 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
- Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvassing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.