Engineer II Agriculture J.G ‘K’ Job at the County Government of Siaya (1 position)
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable
This is the entry and training grade for degree holders. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and close supervision of a senior officer.
Specific duties will involve:
- Day-to-day running of the workshop, management of machinery, transport and equipment repairs;
- Maintenance of workshop safety;
- Programming machinery, transport and equipment repairs and making cost estimates for the repairs;
- preparing work plans and budgets;
- carrying out reconnaissance surveys and farm mapping services for development of conservation structures water harvesting and cropping;
- Designing water-harvesting structures and supervising the construction work;
- Providing on-farm contractual design and survey services to clients;
- developing an appropriate technology curriculum for farmers and extension staff concerning machinery servicing, calibration, maintenance and application, land preparation techniques, crop harvesting and use of other appropriate tools and equipment;
- promotion of exploitation of the existing potential for agricultural development in the catchment areas.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate MUST have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field of Agricultural Engineering such as Soil and Water, Mechanization/Farm Power, Structures or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Computer applications from a recognized institution
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website, attach copies of their credentials and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on [email protected]siaya.go.ke
So as to reach the Board on or before Friday, 21st December 2018 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer.
- Qualified persons from other ethnic communities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvassing or bribery will lead to automatic disqualification.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.