Technical Support Engineer Job, Current Engineering Vacancies in Kenya,
The Technical Support Engineer will work directly as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) on the Customer’s Network Management System and provide remote technical support to the field installation teams across regions with Aviat Networks’ presence as well as support the Managed Service Partners.
For support cases that require field call outs, this resource will in addition be tasked with escalating to the Managed Service Partners to direct the MS teams to resolve faults while providing remote support and confirm resolution within TL9000 standards.
He/She where required will create design documentations which could include High-Level and Low-Level Designs, Migration Plans, Network Acceptance Test Plans, Scope of Work (SoW) for implementation as well as provide training to customers, managed service partners and internal Aviat team members as determined by Line Manager.
He/She will work directly with the customer as a contributor and must be able to work with all management levels within the customer’s organization delivering reports, technical business reviews, respond to escalations quickly, lead technical meetings and discussions as well as collaborate with multiple groups within Aviat as well as the customer’s organization.
- Provide support to customers and end users via telephone and/or on-site troubleshooting assistance where
- Provide highest-level crisis management to higher level TAC to meet TL9000 resolution time and achieve/maintain customer
- Provide improvement in the service quality by observing service support quality and customer service standards; analyzing customer service problems, identifying trends as well as recommending system and process improvements.
- Ensure that Quality of Service (QoS) commitments in Maintenance Level Agreements (MLA) are
- Schedule and generate daily, weekly and monthly reports and where required on demand.
- Demonstrate specialized expertise on Aviat Networks products and services; recommend best practices in areas of network improvement that can add value to customer’s business as well as improve network
- Solve complex problems by collaborating with other members of the global support team.
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of most complex networking and microwave problems as well as closure of assigned trouble/case
- Provide basic system/product training and mentorship to customers, managed service partners, internal Aviat Networks staff as well as lead design workshops where applicable.
- BS or BE in EE/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent degree with minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working as a Technical Support Engineer or similar
- Good working knowledge of Network Management Systems and Fault Reporting (FCAPS).
- Expert networking knowledge on Layer 2 (Spanning-Tree, VLANs, ERPS), Layer 3 (OSPF, BGP, ISIS), MPLS, QoS, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes, and overall internetworking ability of building sound
- Passion and demonstrated ability to learn and work in a multicultural team environment to achieve common
- Analytical skills
- Other relevant technology or product knowledge, experience or certifications will be an added
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to [email protected] by 13th September 2021. Clearly indicate the job title on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.