Registered Nurse Job, Current Nursing Job Vacancies Kenya,
Contract Duration: 3 Months and maybe extended taking into account the performance of the staff, continued work needs and availability of budget to support the associated costs.
Budget: KES 135,000-160,000
- Perform clinical functions – give first aid, carry out prescribed treatments, immunization, provide medications for minor ailments, health counseling, etc.;
- Assist the Medical doctor in conducting medical examinations and giving treatments;
- Advice on mass immunizations, when required;
- Make recommendations for specialized examination, arranging/coordinating hospital admissions of staff, conduct hospital/house visits of sick staff member, temporary staff or consultants;
- Extend medical services to staff dependents by arranging appointments for private consultations and hospital admissions;
- Brief and debrief newly appointed, Staff, short-term staff and consultants assigned to the Bank and Field Offices on medical facilities available, immunization requirements and prophylaxis measures;
- Maintain records of periodic clinical statistics (illnesses, consultations, immunizations, medical evacuations, and maternity leaves, number of cases attended daily); input and update the Immunization Monitoring System;
- Maintain emergency and standard medication in stock;
- Regular inventory of medications and medical equipment for Medical Centre. Make a request to Medical Doctor for replacement and reordering the new medication;
- Checking the medication for expiry date, on regular basis;
- Ensure compliance by the staff of periodic medical examinations, arrange appointments with the Medical Officer and inform staff of necessary preparations and maintain appropriate follow-up system;
- Bring to the attention of Medical Officer cases that require further action, e.g., medical travel, extended sick leave, maternity leave, travel by business class);
- Ensure staff awareness of current Bank recommendations on medical matters, malaria, immunizations etc;
- Maintain confidential files of all Bank’s staff and ensuring their confidentiality;
- Maintain a close liaison with accredited hospitals and physicians where staff members and their dependents are hospitalized;
- Visit hospitalized staff and follow up on their care after discharge. Visit staff on long sick leave; and
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or related discipline such as Nursing and Midwifery;
- Have at least five (5) years of relevant clinical experience in an acute hospital setting;
- Additional qualification in psychology or Nutrition and dietetics is desirable;
- Registration as Nurse/Midwife and Licensure in country of origin is desirable;
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Nursing principles and practices are an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and document a comprehensive discharge needs assessment are an asset;
- Ability to initiate and manage innovations and changes;
- Active participation in a staff motivation programs;
- Ability to interact effectively with people, and cooperate with other colleagues;
- Capable of motivating, leading and inspiring enthusiasm and trust;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language; and
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV, degree certificate and license (As one document) to [email protected] by 16th June 2021. Clearly indicate the job title as the subject head.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.