Accounting BDS Officer Job, Accounting Jobs Kenya 2022,
Role Profile: BDS OFFICER- Accounting
Location: Nairobi, Tharaka Nithi, Mombasa, Kakamega/Bungoma, Uasin Gishu and Oyugis
Reporting to the BDS-Regional Team Leader, the BDS Officer- Accounting will be attached to one of the regions that the program is operating in. Accounting Business Development Services (BDS) are a critical part of the 2Jiajiri program and are integral to the program’s Theory of Change. Businesses succeed or fail in large part, based on the ability of their managers to make sound business decisions, including Market Acquisition decisions. To succeed therefore, beneficiaries of this program will need to be capacitated in three business areas: law, accounting, and marketing. The BDS Officer- Accounting will provide overall Accounting support for the beneficiaries setting up businesses in the program.
- Educate beneficiaries on the benefits of bookkeeping and accounting.
- Create physical books of accounts such as cash books, petty cash vouchers, payment vouchers, receipt books, invoice books for the businesses.
- Supporting the businesses in the creation of Financial Reports such as Profit and Loss Accounts, Sales reports, Debtor’s Reports, Stock Reports.
- Supporting the businesses in the practice of assets and inventory management.
- Supporting the businesses in effective and routine budgeting for their enterprise.
- Assist the businesses in the costing of products and management of the expenses.
- Training the businesses on financial literacy
- Supporting the businesses on tax registration and filing of different tax returns.
- Assist the businesses in opening and maintaining accounts
- Conduct monthly Loan Post Disbursement call visits where the officer will analyze and interpret the books of accounts/Business receivables as relates to loan disbursed. In addition, Manage Non- Performing Loans within stipulated guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or any other related field
- CPA Part 2
- 3 years of experience
Knowledge of the workings, challenges and opportunities of micro and small businesses
- Knowledge of Financial Services
- Setup of Companies
- Management of partnerships
- Communication skills both written and oral
- Attention to Detail
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
Send CV to [email protected] by 2nd April 2022. Clearly indicate the job title “BDS Officer – Accounting” and the name of the location.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.