Research Manager Job, NGO Kenya Jobs 2021,
Title: Research Manager,
The Research Manager will embody the primary responsibility for planning, facilitating, and managing the organization’s research projects. S/he will collaborate with departmental heads and Shamiri’s leadership team to provide strategic input, guidance and to execute on all research projects, directly contributing to and or managing research goals, planning, design, reporting and training. It is important—and in fact essential—that the Research Manager be well versed with human subject research, research ethics, data safety and management procedures, research methodologies, and research manuscript development and preparation. This role reports to the Operations Director.
Research & Strategy Planning
- Contribute to research strategy holistically and on a project-by-project basis
- Contribute to strategy for, develop and manage, the annual research calendar
- Contribute to the design of all Shamiri research projects
- Manage the process for and contribute to the selection decisions of external research partners where applicable
- Track, comment on, and distribute to internal stakeholders’ relevant research conducted by other organizations
Research Project Management
- Develop and manage all research project management processes, procedures, and archival
- Lead in the application and maintenance of relevant Research Ethics Licenses and Approvals
- Lead in creating and managing research plans, schedules, budgets, deliverables, and stakeholder contributions
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with research agency partners where applicable
- Track and report on research activities, progress, and outcomes
- Conduct periodic review and evaluation of efficacy of research efforts in collaboration with Shamiri’s Science Board and key external stakeholders
- Participate in regular team meetings to review progress and deliverables.
Research Analysis, Production and Distribution
- Lead in the creation/development of research content
- Provide primary analysis of all research data, to contribute to the development of key findings
- Coordinate and contribute to the creation of research reports and presentations, including the submission of manuscripts and journal articles
- Manage the process of dissemination of research findings, and seek new/innovative dissemination methods with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the production of original content for dissemination via Shamiri’s website, newsletters and other media platforms
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences field required; an advanced degree is an added advantage
- A minimum of 2-3 years directly overseeing research planning, analysis, and project management
- Working experience in a research setting.
- Demonstrated experience participating in the design, analyses, and distribution of operationalized research for target audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including proven success in ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
- Demonstrated expertise communicating with and managing relationships with external research vendors
- Experience in managing research ethical approval processes
- Excellent project management skills including demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities and multiple tasks
- Outcomes and deadlines oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organized and process-oriented
- Ability to deliver high quality work, quickly in a dynamic organization under time pressure
- Added advantage of previous team management
How to Apply
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Only Kenyan citizens (or individuals with a legal permit to work in Kenya) will be considered for this role.
- If you have any questions on this role please email [email protected] (cc: [email protected]).
- To apply, please email your CV and a thoughtful cover letter, addressed to Hilda Nyareso Nyatete, to [email protected] (cc: [email protected])
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.