Senior Superintending Electrical Engineer Jobs, Electrical Engineer Jobs, Engineer Jobs, KNH Jobs,
JOB GROUP K5
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Facilities and Services, the Senior Superintending Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for planning and implementation of electrical services in the Hospital.
- Coordinating, controlling and directing of electrical and plants section of Engineering Department.
- Developing work plan and budget for the department and submission for approval.
- Participating in procurement of goods, works and services.
- Managing engineering inventories, developing and implementing PPM schedules for equipment and services.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports.
- Preparing draft board management papers for approval.
- Identifying and analyzing training needs for departmental staff.
- Checking and recommending for approval of engineering consultants, designs, evaluation, certifying and recommending fees by consultants.
- Ensuring the implementation of the policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Ensuring the overall activities meet the requirements of quality management, environmental policies and legal regulations.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring Staff.
- Preparing and implementing performance reporting and appraisal system.
- Administration and supervision of Staff.
- Masters in Engineering or business management in a related specialty or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power option) from a recognized institution.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work with at least five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Registration by the Engineer’s Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Current valid annual practicing license from the Engineer’s Registration Board of Kenya.
- Corporate Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized.
- Leadership Management course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of electrical services programmes.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Resource management skills.
- Managing performance and Driving for outcomes.
- Establishing strategic directions.
- Visionary/Leading change.
- Policy development.
- Effective communication skills.
- Risk management.
- Technical Competencies.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial and administrative skills.
- Leading Teams.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 24th April 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification