JOB GROUP K5
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Facilities and Services, the Senior Superintending Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for planning and implementation of electrical services in the Hospital.
- Coordinating, controlling and directing of electrical and plants section of Engineering Department.
- Developing work plan and budget for the department and submission for approval.
- Participating in procurement of goods, works and services.
- Managing engineering inventories, developing and implementing PPM schedules for equipment and services.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports.
- Preparing draft board management papers for approval.
- Identifying and analyzing training needs for departmental staff.
- Checking and recommending for approval of engineering consultants, designs, evaluation, certifying and recommending fees by consultants.
- Ensuring the implementation of the policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Ensuring the overall activities meet the requirements of quality management, environmental policies and legal regulations.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring Staff.
- Preparing and implementing performance reporting and appraisal system.
- Administration and supervision of Staff.
- Masters in Engineering or business management in a related specialty or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Power option) from a recognized institution.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work with at least five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Registration by the Engineer’s Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Current valid annual practicing license from the Engineer’s Registration Board of Kenya.
- Corporate Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized.
- Leadership Management course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of electrical services programmes.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Resource management skills.
- Managing performance and Driving for outcomes.
- Establishing strategic directions.
- Visionary/Leading change.
- Policy development.
- Effective communication skills.
- Risk management.
- Technical Competencies.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial and administrative skills.
- Leading Teams.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 24th April 2019 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.