- Have served in the grade of Principal Superintending Engineer (water and sewerage) or comparable and relevant position in the public service for at least three 3 years.
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/ Water Engineering OR Higher National Diploma in Civil/Water Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Have Masters Degree in Civil/ Water Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Be registered by Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)/ Kenya Technologists Registration Board (KETRB).
- Have current valid annual practicing license from the EBK/KETRB.
- Have corporate membership with the institution of engineers of Kenya (IEK)/Institution of Engineering Technology and Technicians (IET).
- Have attended a strategic leadership development course in lasting not less than six 6weeks from a recognized institution (SLDP).
- Have certificate in computer applications; and
- Have demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of water and sewerage engineering programs and projects.
- Demonstrate the skills, capacity and ability for resource mobilization.
- Participating in preparation of Professional and Quality Standards for construction of water supply and sewerage infrastructure;
- Overseeing the construction of water and sewerage works under directly or by contract; formulating,
- Monitoring and evaluating requirements of physical and financial progress of development projects and programs;
- Verifying technical tender documents on water supply and sewerage infrastructure;
- Formulating water pricing policies and strategies for rural, urban and waste water systems,; and liaising with development partners and other stakeholder in the water sector for effective formulation, planning, coordination and implementation of projects and programs.
- In addition, the officer will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic and work plans; budgeting for the development and deployment, training and development of staff in the development
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Certificate of good conduct from the police
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials, and send to the undersigned on or before 5th March, 2019 at 5.00 p.m.:
BUSIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O PRIVATE BAG -50400
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.